Fiinally found speakers for my new PL700II system and the winner is...

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Nice, I love my Ohm Is, sound is pretty good and are not really directional, will fill a small or large room. With my WOPL they fill the house just fine.

Hope you can pick them up, shipping is steep, but less than what I payed for mine locally. Also Ohm is still in business and continues to support these speakers with repairs and upgrades.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I'm having them shipped. Just too far to drive from Long Island. Shipping them for $250, plus I earned $40 in Ebay bucks. Not great, but not too bad.

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Good luck. My last three audio gear purchases have arrived mashed or in pieces. I'm taking a cooling off period. I'm afraid to leave negative feedback because I think these sellers will retaliate. I've maintained a 100% positive since 1995.
I think I've seen the Ohm1's on Craigs list about 150 miles away. Never heard them though.
Here's my nice Phase Linear case I got yesterday:

Attachments

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Good luck. My last three audio gear purchases have arrived mashed or in pieces. I'm taking a cooling off period. I'm afraid to leave negative feedback because I think these sellers will retaliate. I've maintained a 100% positive since 1995.
I think I've seen the Ohm1's on Craigs list about 150 miles away. Never heard them though.
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback anymore, Badrock. No need to worry about that retaliatory feedback.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
That is a shame. It is not rocket science to package things properly. I hope you got a refund or steep discount.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback anymore, Badrock. No need to worry about that retaliatory feedback.
Ebay hates sellers these days, it is all buyer protection, no seller protection. Always getting harassed by their new policy making that is constantly changing.

Nick Danger

Ebay hates sellers these days, it is all buyer protection, no seller protection. Always getting harassed by their new policy making that is constantly changing.
Gotta agree, eBay, Amazon, etc. are all about the buyers and they seem to have "Feel free to leave" attitudes towards sellers these days.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Gotta agree, eBay, Amazon, etc. are all about the buyers and they seem to have "Feel free to leave" attitudes towards sellers these days.
Without sellers, there are no buyers.

It is the Google and Facebook attitude of the snowflake generation. Ebay is right in the same neighborhood.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences Bradrock. I'm a liitle concerned about how well these will be packed and shipped, given the speaker drivers on top and front. Time will tell. I'm hoping luck is on my side, but it rarely is.

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Really? I'm always leary of sellers that don't give feedback when paid, instead waiting to see what feedback the buyer leaves first. What is that all about, if not to retaliate if they don't like their rating?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Really? I'm always leary of sellers that don't give feedback when paid, instead waiting to see what feedback the buyer leaves first. What is that all about, if not to retaliate if they don't like their rating?
Withholding positive feedback for the buyer is the only thing that sellers can do to express dissatisfaction.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Looks like another example of a seller not knowing how to package stuff.

So many stories on that front.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Well there was a PL4000 pre inside it with nothing to stabilize from flopping around in the case. Half of the circuit boards in the pre were completely off the sockets also. One of the small ones is still jambed UNDER the mother board! I have not got it out yet. I only paid $100.00 for both & the listing said 'for parts'! Heh...Heh
Life's too short to sweat the small stuff! Smile & carry on!

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
If I get something from eBay or even just paid with Paypal and there is an issue I just call Paypal direct and have them deal with it. I have only done this a few times and every time they get my full amount back. Sometimes they don’t even need it retired.

Note this #1-402-935-7733 to get ahold of Paypal

always ask for Paypal do not put in claim with eBay.

NavLinear

If I get something from eBay or even just paid with Paypal and there is an issue I just call Paypal direct and have them deal with it. I have only done this a few times and every time they get my full amount back. Sometimes they don’t even need it retired.

Note this #1-402-935-7733 to get ahold of Paypal

always ask for Paypal do not put in claim with eBay.
Thanks Glen - that is great information. The easy button is much preferred over the difficult button. That 700B you have coming in looks quite nice - hope it arrives safely.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Thanks Glen - that is great information. The easy button is much preferred over the difficult button. That 700B you have coming in looks quite nice - hope it arrives safely.
The Paypal # was learned though a problem I had and ended up being a good outcome.

The 700B is very nice and only has to travel 160 miles. The seller said they would double box so fingers and toes are , well not really, crossed. $350 shipped. Will post photos when I get it home.