Fastest ship time ever?

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Oh so that is where they are moving goods. Sent a preamp from SE PA to Tulsa and Fedex says ! Service Exception. Arrived in Hagerstown, MD an east coast sort facility Sat early. Didn't leave. But was supposed to be delivered on Mon. Set up email alerts and nothing so called and the computer knew what I wanted and said the package was moving to destination. Then reached Lexena, KS another sort facility and did arrive on Thursday, three days late based on their expected service.

Glad you are rolling in the parts and with that preamp out of my house it's all good.

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
When I placed the order, there were shipping options. The cheapest was $8.75 but I uncharacteristically opted for the $20 one because it included import duty. Even so, I was expecting a week or so wait.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
If I buy $100 US, Mouser charges me the regular shipping rates.

I subsidize worldwide pharmaceutical costs and really hate it when Mouser has me subsidize international shipping of electronic components. If Digikey's website didn't piss me off being slow I would order more from D that I do now. But I use them both and just steam when I pay for crappy mixed shipping with mouser and they play footsies with my box of crap between the USPS and UPS. That service sucks.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
But I use them both and just steam when I pay for crappy mixed shipping with mouser and they play footsies with my box of crap between the USPS and UPS. That service sucks.
And they call that action "Mail Innovations" or some such garbage :laughing8:

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
If I buy $100 US, Mouser charges me the regular shipping rates.

I subsidize worldwide pharmaceutical costs and really hate it when Mouser has me subsidize international shipping of electronic components. If Digikey's website didn't piss me off being slow I would order more from D that I do now. But I use them both and just steam when I pay for crappy mixed shipping with mouser and they play footsies with my box of crap between the USPS and UPS. That service sucks.
Well the actual converted cost pay’s for the shipping. We pay a premium over US cost.

I was feeling good about free shipping till now Realizing the irony of it.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Well the actual converted cost pay’s for the shipping. We pay a premium over US cost.

I was feeling good about free shipping till now Realizing the irony of it.
I haven't seen that but I haven't ordered from a different country. I've looked up prices and went through the order process up to the final click and the price was the same the one time I did that.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
With mouser, operating before the covid the order would get picked within minutes of being sent in on the computer. Couldn't change it once processing started.

With Digikey, the cheap shipping let them process your order the next day.

It is always something.

I spent an hour on the phone with mouser when they called me after I used the purchase order number "Shipping too high". I think it helped as they changed things.