Everything is $89

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Dyson vacuums at that price - if they aren't duds - is a smoking deal.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Dyson = over-rated plastic junk. We have four of them in the house, and only one (the oldest model) works 100%.
I've reviewed 3 of the more recent models for Best Buy in as many years and we originally owned one prior to that - so 4 in total for us as well.
(5 including the corded one...)

We never had a problem with any of them. Certainly the oldest, the one we purchased, is less powerful (suction & run-time) but for the past 3 years they've really upped their game and the V11 we use the most is a total beast. The battery lasts more than a half hour on Max setting and that's longer than it takes to 'run' through the entire house. In Auto mode is can run for more than 60 minutes.

For a stick vac mind you, they produce a lot of suction and their battery run-time remains solid for years - unlike Shark, Hoover, etc etc...

And prior to the cordless revolution Dyson made beast uprights.

Are they expensive? Well, discounts notwithstanding - yeah. Their 4 hundred dollar hair dryer was a real L O L ! But their designs aren't junk.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Bought my wife that hair dryer...very well engineered piece of equipment. She has a Dyson upright too...literally loves it..
Yep. My best friend out in Cali bought his wife one of those too. That's how I learned about it.
When he told me what he paid, I've been busting his balls ever since... :p

But having put my hands on it, it's not some piece of ^%$# Walmart hand-held blower. No doubt about it.

And the only reason we donated our Dyson upright... the Animal I think it was called and the one we bought back in Colorado... was that the better half wanted the light weight stick kind + we have mostly hardwood floors now. But that 'Animal' could probably suck the chrome plating off a trailer hitch and I'd swear it was damn near sucking the cushion/padding up from underneath carpeted areas in our old homes, straight through the carpet backing. o_O I don't think mites and fleas stand a chance against one of those things!

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Jani don't ask for much, she's a keeper and always has been, and when she said she liked it, well babe , happy birthday. She makes plenty of money herself, and told me after if I didnt get her one she would've!!
Coolest attachment mounting I've ever seen.
Bought our favorite bartender one too...

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Nah. All in good fun. You get what you pay for anymore... and hell... those things will probably last so long they become family heirlooms.

So yeah... Dyson's suck (or blow) but in all the right ways IMHO.

Hell, they even have their hand drying gizmos in Airport bathrooms now.

I like well engineered stuff! :cool:

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Takes a special kind of guy to turn industrial design into art...and inbthis case, a superb performer too. His shit is gonna be classic...

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
If I used a Dyson in my living room It would die after the first use. That’s why I have a Kirby. Their original owner usually croaks before the vacuum does so thrift stores are littered with ‘em. I can also get any part I need for it. I looked at getting a Dyson stick for doing the cob webs, but it costs too much. Luckily Milwaukee makes an M18 shop vac……

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
Though if your buying new you can’t beat Dyson, they’re cheap compared to a new Kirby. It’s just that I do things in the living room that should be done in a shop (sometimes). In the unlikely event that I get hitched I’ll just hand her the credit card if she wants a new vacuum…..