Eliptrac 400

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
Building a set of Fastlane Audio Eliptrac 400 wood midrange horns. These were developed by Dave Harris and Al Klappenberger. Going to run BMS 4592 MID drivers on them. They are a 310 Fs horn. I bought the kit form. I am going to do a side by side comparisson with my Altec 311's with 288-8G drivers. Pictures to follow as soon as I figure out my new camera.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Building a set of Fastlane Audio Eliptrac 400 wood midrange horns. These were developed by Dave Harris and Al Klappenberger. Going to run BMS 4592 MID drivers on them. They are a 310 Fs horn. I bought the kit form. I am going to do a side by side comparisson with my Altec 311's with 288-8G drivers. Pictures to follow as soon as I figure out my new camera.
Keep pushing buttons till you get it like you want. LOL

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Larrt, I don't know where the world would be without your pearls of wisdom to start the day, mine , for one would be less colorful....

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Larrt, I don't know where the world would be without your pearls of wisdom to start the day, mine , for one would be less colorful....
Yea right. LOL If you can't dazzle them with brilliance. Baffle them with BS. Wasn't that a quote from "The Old Man And The Sea" or was it Isaac Asimov's "Guide To The Bible" Maybe I'll remember one day. I think this one came "For Whom The Bell Tolls" If your not ahead. You are behind. Maybe "Gone With The Wind" PFFFFFFT

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Got the frames lasered and horns and tweeters mounted. I need to do a little more sanding and then painting. Hope I get more paint on the horns than I get on myself. The BMS 4592's are sounding great and the Altec 908-8a's are nice and crisp tweeters, They are mounted on a B&C ME-15. Had to turn the mid's down on my electronic crossover as the BMS's are around 113 db at 1 watt. They are mounted on top of my Soniphase SL6's. Going to move speakers apart a little more after I rearrange the shit in the basement.

Attachments

Last edited:

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Finished sanding and painting. On top of my Soniphase SL6's with BMS 4592's MID 2" Drivers and B&C ME-15 tweeters with Altec 908-8A drivers on them. Replaced the Altec 311 horns and 288-8G drivers

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I see ya got em on rollers. When they are where you want them do you put them back on the floor??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Instead of start a new thread I'll twin Mark's here. These arte the first of 3 sets of Elliptracs I'll be building. A set for the Soniphase, a set for Kevin's "Big Boy" speakers and Chris in Ft Dodge's K's.

Al Klappenberger and David Harris of Fastlane Audio designed these and maybe Dean Westcott had some thing to do with em also, I'll have to ask him.
Anyway, Dave is point man and he programs the CNC machine that cuts these. The guy is VERY good, The fit is excellent!!! They just fall together, dowel holes and supplied fluted dowels almost make em wormproof. A great kit both value wise and quality wise.
Thanks Dave.

Attachments

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Damn car business is killing me !!!! BUT.... Been really busy for the last week.... Just trying to make some money man.... Sales have just been real bad.....Getting better though !!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
b Do anything withj the crossovers yet?? I may be putting in a parts order....