Dynaco 400, Pat 5, AF6 in wlanut cabinets

Complete Dyna line up with walnut cabinets for tuner and preamp with champagne front panels. I was a bench tech at Sound Values, for those who can remember that far back. S.V. bought out all of the Dyna inventory. I saw lots and lots of this stuff. The build quality of the amp and preamp suggest they were factory asssembled. If they were kits it's the best kit built units I've ever seen. I ran the numers on the amp. Flat response, 230 W/C 8 ohms, 310 W/C 4 ohms. Dynaguard works as intended. Preamp is down a db or so in one channel. Confirmed a coupling cap in that channel has drifted. Tuner pulls in stations on AM and FM with no external antenna. Walnut cabinets in very good conditions with a couple surface scratches that should clean up with Old English etc. Have all original manuals. Asking $675 for all.

Attachments

BlueCrab

Journeyman
Looks like the PAT5 was kit built. Factory assembled had rivets for the RCA input jacks, where the kit built ones used nut & bolt. I have an almost identical system except a 410 for the amp (no Dynaguard nor output relay) and a FM-5 (FM only) for the tuner. Lots of upgrades for all your items. A truly great system and your price is most reasonable. Someone should nab it.

George S.

Journeyman
Yes indeed, that's a great price. Maybe better to list it on a Dynaco rather than PL forum. Very nice equipment. All it lacks are those Danish speakers to be period correct.

I reverse engineered the Dyna ST70 output transformers for Sound Values. Took me 3 tries to get it right. That's significant only because I worked at a transformer shop in the 70's and specialized in reverse engineering burned up transformers for one off applications. Today I can't even see 47 gauge wire let alone count turns of it on a burned up coil.

BlueCrab

Journeyman
Any conclusions you care to share with regard to the Dyna ST70 output transformers? The website for Latino's ST70 tout this:

3. The A-470 output transformers are brand new USA made custom production transformers. They use the same interleaved/layer winding
technique as the original cloth lead A-470's and incorporate the same high quality M-6 grain oriented laminations.
They are dimensionally accurate to the original design and have a durable heat resistant black epoxy finish.