Don "abundant watts" is the Man

gweedotk

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I purchased a 700 II in a military PX in Germany back in 1982, it was the last component needed for my stereo and I eagerly returned to the barracks hooked it up turned it up and jammed for maybe an hour before it blew up the 1st time. Long story short that happened several more times as the years passed (guess I was lucky it didn't catch fire)
Some years ago (2014) I was looking around on this forum and found a recommendation and an email to contact, to see about getting 700 II repaired and more importantly modified to where it wouldn't blow up any more.
Life happens and several years later (Dec 2016) a colleague was headed to Ohio and agreed to drop it off with Mr. Abundant Watts, then a couple of weeks ago the same colleague was headed back to Ohio and agreed to bring the finished 700 II back.
Below is the email I sent Don after receiving the amp.
Glad to be a member of the WOPL Building Club

Don,<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>
The Amp is incredible,my hats off to you Sir for a job well done.<o:p></o>
Received the Amp fromDaniel two weeks ago yesterday, took it home and hooked it up to verify the RHspeaker Woofer and Midrange Horn were blown, the woofer was silent and themidrange would pop at higher volume levels. Ordered and received new woofer andtwo new midrange drivers yesterday, installed and ran a fairly extensiveops check yesterday for a couple of hours.<o:p></o>
Very impressive amazingincredible kickass is all II can say, I love it! <o:p></o>
I am truly happy that Ifound your name in a stereo forum years ago, so glad that I finally got it toyou to be repaired and very appreciative that you did the work and at anawesome price as well.<o:p></o>
I have noticed it seemsto run much cooler and I do have an external fan on it, but the levels foryesterday’s ops check would have shut it down to cool at a minimum and possiblyworse.<o:p></o>
It ran fine, much coolerlike I said but also just seemed way more…solid, know what I mean? I also poweron & off with a power strip as per your recommendation.<o:p></o>
I have had the Amp sincethe early 80’s, it’s probably been blown up at least half of its life and thelast time it blew it took the RH Klipschorn with it. <o:p></o>
I feel that I finallyhave a <s>decent</s>... “KICKASS†stereo system that I don’t have to worryabout blowing up every time I turn the volume up.<o:p></o>
You da Man! Thank you

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o<o:p</o
<o:p></o
and thelast time it blew it took the RH Klipschorn with it. <o:p></o
<o:p</o

Now THAT is a cryin shame.....

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Thought that would get a rise out of you Lee....

Welcome gweed! Stick around....have a bit of fun here.