Denon 2900

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I think you could do a whole lot worse, fer damn sure....if you don't mind trudging through the user manual, should be a good performer...

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Looking for a decent Digital Player. Does anyone have any experience with this Denon 2900 model? I have found a new one for a reasonable price. It is also the silver model so it matches my PL gear.

Thank You, Don

https://www.cnet.com/products/denon-dvd-2900/review/
I have one I ran for 10-12 years and just replaced last Christmas with a Oppo Udp-205. I used mine for DVD-A’s and the handful of SACD’s I have. I also have some HDCD’s and XRCD’s that I was able to enjoy their full capabilities in playback. I loved my Denon, but bear in mind that the built in DAC is ancient in terms of what’s available now. However, the good news is even with that ancient technology it sounds damn good. They are very well built and have digital outs to employ a modern outboard DAC if you wanted to go that route. In a blind test would you be able to pick out the Oppo vs the Denon? Depending on your gear and a very discerning ear probably yes....but if the price is right I wouldn’t hesitate on getting another Denon. Hope this helps a little.

The Wizard

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
This thing weighs about a thousand pounds LOL. It must be weighted down with lead LOL.