Dahlquist DQ 30's

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
THANKS sCOTT.....No wonder you wanted that 700. A WOPL should wake em up!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
A guy bought these 30's from a fellow in Big Horn Wyo. I'm gonna pick em up in Buffalo, Wyo. and ship them to the new owner when I get tired of them.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Yup, I was thinking along the same lines. The 6300 would make a nice addition to your system.

Nando.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
A couple comments here...Those DQ-30s have to be nice the are a replacement for the replacement of the DQ-10 which ruled the world for a number of years. At about twice the price of the 10s (inflation and all in the 80s was fierce) and priced about the same as the 20s. I'd sure like to hear em, too.

All this love of the 6300? Don't folks know about the 6320? or are they looking for an automatic table? The 6320 was the armless 6300 and was a decent table with a nice arm on it. Easily bested the 6300...until the record was over and it required attention. Mine had a Magnepan Unitrac I with Ortofon MC20 in this pic. The new owner installed another period arm on it, an SME 3009 something.

Attachments

Jimmy

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Supposedly the DQ-30s are very similar to the DQ-20s. I have heard the 20s, and I was very impressed. Actually, I am impressed by all things Dahlquist.

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
Have never heard the 30s. But my DQ-10s are on the never sell list. Have read the 30s are nice.
Scott, do you have the Dahlquist subwoofer system too?
I'm driving mine with a pair of WOPL 700Bs and I really think I've found my sonic heaven!
I know I'll never get rid of these beauties.
Lee, I've never heard the DQ-30s or the 20s for that matter, but if they really are better than the DQ-10s, you'll need to find a place in your home to keep them. :smokin:

BMWR75

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Scott, do you have the Dahlquist subwoofer system too?
I'm driving mine with a pair of WOPL 700Bs and I really think I've found my sonic heaven!
I know I'll never get rid of these beauties.
Lee, I've never heard the DQ-30s or the 20s for that matter, but if they really are better than the DQ-10s, you'll need to find a place in your home to keep them. :smokin:
I do not have the Dahlquist passive subwoofer. Have paired the DQ-10s with a number of different powered subs that work fine though.