CUBS WIN CUBS WIN CUBS WIN

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Congrat's Dave, and all you other Cubbie fans!! I tried to watch some of it, I'm not a big baseball fan, love Chi-Town tho :toothy7:

I wonder what folks paid to be on the roof of that apt building next to Wrigley Field? $10,000?

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Craig, the rooftops are basically owned by the Cubs now. Very cool way of seeing a game. Great food, no crowd, good view. Usually corporate private rents them. Been to a few, nice. May have a line on rooftop seats for the series, doubt if the price or availability will actually come through...$1000.

Tagline
---
Should be an interesting World Series...
if the Indians starting pitching isn't out of gas and their bats show up, I agree. They looked incredibly clutch and fortuitous against Boston but had an anemic offense against Toronto so that's tough to say who will show up. LA is hardly the team that the commentators were talking about last night either so the Cubs could stand to play a bit better too.
I feel like the team that has to wait for their opponent to finish meaningful games is at a disadvantage. This is basically the longest break of the season for the Indians and that's a big deal in baseball... ask the tigers.

I was kind of hoping the Cubs would win last year for Back to the Future to have correctly predicted it 30 years prior.

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
I'm a big Cardinal's fan and try to never miss a game. Been to many rival games between
the Cards vs Cubs and I love Wrigley field. Best park in the game.
But my Birds are out this year so................Go CUBS !!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
One of our shop hands was born and raised in Cleveland, so in empathy we're pulling for the Indians.......been a bittersweet weekend for him after Penn St handed OSU'S ass to em. ...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
[h=2]CUBS WIN CUBS WIN CUBS WIN[/h]
something that can't be said, three times, in bold, very often. Glad it happened.

Now who is going to the Hall of Fame, Theo or Terry? One will have reversed the curse for 2 MLB cities if his team wins and the other is really close but I guess a drought since 1948 doesn't have a specified reason like the sale of the Babe or the goat. Still some great work by both to get their team to win a series for Boston and now either Cleveland or the Cubbies will have a rare (for either in the recent past) crown.

Hoping for a great series to watch.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I like it when two teams make it to the end that have played hard and play to win like true team organizations.
It also makes it exciting to watch cities with long history go after the brass ring like this, and not the usual suspects.

I'm kind of a National League guy but this time around I'm rooting for Cleveland ... even though I have lots of family ties to Chicago.
Either way I'm happy how this season turned out.

May the best crew win !

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I am rooting for Cleveland since I am an American League fan. I definitely would not be disappointed if the Cubbies won though. :blob5: