Console For WOPL

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The wife picked up an 8 foot long old console and asked me to give it a facelift so we could put it in the livingroom and stuff it with Big amps n shit... It wasn't in too bad of shape so I added a few of my touches. I didn't like the way the original equipment stood face up when opening the lid, so I cut up the front and made doors, routered out the Hokey arches on the front and made speaker grills, sanded and sanded and sanded some more, put on 10 coats of stain/poly. Then I sacrificed my Epicure 3.0 clones and built smaller boxes to fit in the console. First 2 shots is the original configuration.

original5.jpg console55.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Speakers are together and sound great. They fit in the end spots on the console with a tiny bit of spare room. One 3 way for each side.

Console2 010.jpg

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
It looks pretty good Perry. Norm and Bob Vila would be envious.
You know, once you get that loaded with amps and stuff, it's going to weigh a ton and be impossible to move. You might think about mounting some sliders or casters under it.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice work on the project. Consoles are becoming popular for retrofitting with updated components. Just imagine how good Guy Lombardo is going to sound. You do have some Guy Lombardo?

Nando.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Nice work on the project. Consoles are becoming popular for retrofitting with updated components. Just imagine how good Guy Lombardo is going to sound. You do have some Guy Lombardo?

Nando.

Nando,I have no Guy Lumbago but I do have some Inglebert Humperdink...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Engelbert is a good start. Are you going to have a shelf for the turntable inside the cabinet?

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Actually, Englebert is a GREAT start, might make the wife all swoony. :bigsmurf:

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
I would christen it with the "Carpenter's" since it is a nice "Carpentry" job!

Pun intended....yeah I know bad joke.....