Carver M1.0t (Inverting) upgrade

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Just cracked open Elmers Carver M1.0t to do an upgrade. I'll post some pics here shortly. Had to get the funk scrubbed out and get off the old corrosive glue which holds down the power supply caps. Should be fun. I completed his C-1 Pre this morning. The RCA upgrade from the standard PL/Carver plastic stuff is very time consuming. There are about 50 jumpers to do but it looks really nice and the gold RCA's should perform as good or BETTER. I think I'll do a 4000t with this same RCA upgrade. I've had a few of the preamps show up with the metal RCA fitting pulled off of the plastic portion. I have spares but some RCA cables fit so tight, it plucks them out.... Not so with the RCA upgrade. I have my 4000t I think I'll experiment with soon. The adapter for the C-1 is the same as the 4000t layout but the 4000t layout is just a little shorter so I need to cut the adapter shorter to fit.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Here is a shot of the mud hole. I did a prelim cleaning and with the amount of soldering I need to do, It'll get scrubbed many more times.

IMG_6327.jpg IMG_6328.jpg IMG_6329.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Quick clean, along with the old corrosive glue shot..... To think a horse gave up the ghost for this.......

IMG_6330.jpg IMG_6331.jpg IMG_6332.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I got ll the caps replaced and built the Power Supply Board that the boys over at the Carver site ginned up. They have the boards for all the MKII and Opt. 2 available for anybody that's building an M1.0t (Also the 500). This build is just a little different than the last couple M1.0t's I've done. This is an Inverting amp (No switch on the back for the guys who want a pair of amps and run them as Mono's.

The latest amps, had the switch, the earlier amps did not but you could run them mono either flavor. The early Inverting output amps have a few less components but they are all great sounding amps, not WOPL caliber but they are great amps. If Carver wouldn't have "Gimmicked" his post PL amps and put the shitty set-up with his magic magnetic blah blah blah..... I would build a boatload of these..... Triac's and firing angles and noisy transformers suck.