Carver CT-Seven anyone?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Wondering what your thoughts on or experience with this tuner/preamp might be? How's it sound?

It would fit well where the Exposure 2010S sets in the rack and has two tape loops instead of the Exposure's single loop. Plus the tuner, though radio around here is crap these days.

stetter

Journeyman
I have used a Carver CT-7 for uhhh since I bought it brand new( have to look up when I purchased) always had great sound with it have only used it as a pre to my PL400. had a Pl 2000 before that . I rely like this combo.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Bob, you might try and find the PSC-50 preamp tuner. It is really tiny, but well built and sounds "perfect". All Carver's designs are perfect. I bet the PSC-50 is not his design.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
The CT-7 has a mid-tone control, that could be useful. Alas, no moving coil phono input/circuit. I would have to beg off.
That doesn't worry me - I've got a Phonomena II phono preamp that does a nice job with mc cartridges. And I'll take a look at the PSC-50 if such can be found, Tom. Thanks for that.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I've rebuilt several out of the CT Series (6, 24...), I stay away from them now. Sound great, a bitch to work on. The display board sux.....