Bpc for tubes?! Score!

stereorob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
So a few weeks back I pulled a Bpc kenwood receiver out of the trash..

thing is though.. yes it was loud and had decent bass, but like all BPC it sounded dull and lifeless. it didn't make it threw the night at my place. a older friend of mine told me he was looking for a modern receiver with a remote control, ive known the guy for a long time, lives out in the country in a old house with a dilapidated barn full of old junk behind it. hese told me that someware in the barn he might have a old stereo with tubes in it but didn't know where it was, and that he would get to it "someday". well 10 years went by and someday happened Friday night. I told him about the kenwood receiver and offered him a trade. he agreed and gave me a flashlight and sent me into the barn to go after the tube stereo. it had been in there atleast 25 years and he put it in the barn along with some other stuff after he had a house fire back in the late 80s and didn't mind trading for it, if I could find it, because it had some smoke/heat damage. so off into the barn I went at 10pm in the pitch black with nothing but a LED flashlight that went dead after about 2 mins. I switched to my phone flashlight. the barn door creaked open and I was immediately hit in the face with a huge spider web, everything in the barn was covered in filth and dust. it is slap full of junk and it took me over an hour but lifting a piece of rotten wood I saw gold.

a tube harmon kardon "coronet" receiver sitting on a shelf. very very dusty but surprisingly really not that bad. needless to say I was estatic over my find. I picked up the old receiver and headed out of the barn, when I tripped over something sitting in the dirt and almost dropped the tube receiver. I looked down and found this thing sinking into the dirt in the yard..

a shit fugly sansui AU-6500 in absolutely hideous condition. I pulled it out of the dirt, exchanged the BPC receiver for the sansui and the tube HK and went home. restorations of both pieces are in another thread.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Are you gonna pair that TU-9900 of yours with It or the AU-20000?

So a few weeks back I pulled a Bpc kenwood receiver out of the trash..

thing is though.. yes it was loud and had decent bass, but like all BPC it sounded dull and lifeless. it didn't make it threw the night at my place. a older friend of mine told me he was looking for a modern receiver with a remote control, ive known the guy for a long time, lives out in the country in a old house with a dilapidated barn full of old junk behind it. hese told me that someware in the barn he might have a old stereo with tubes in it but didn't know where it was, and that he would get to it "someday". well 10 years went by and someday happened Friday night. I told him about the kenwood receiver and offered him a trade. he agreed and gave me a flashlight and sent me into the barn to go after the tube stereo. it had been in there atleast 25 years and he put it in the barn along with some other stuff after he had a house fire back in the late 80s and didn't mind trading for it, if I could find it, because it had some smoke/heat damage. so off into the barn I went at 10pm in the pitch black with nothing but a LED flashlight that went dead after about 2 mins. I switched to my phone flashlight. the barn door creaked open and I was immediately hit in the face with a huge spider web, everything in the barn was covered in filth and dust. it is slap full of junk and it took me over an hour but lifting a piece of rotten wood I saw gold.

a tube harmon kardon "coronet" receiver sitting on a shelf. very very dusty but surprisingly really not that bad. needless to say I was estatic over my find. I picked up the old receiver and headed out of the barn, when I tripped over something sitting in the dirt and almost dropped the tube receiver. I looked down and found this thing sinking into the dirt in the yard..

a shit fugly sansui AU-6500 in absolutely hideous condition. I pulled it out of the dirt, exchanged the BPC receiver for the sansui and the tube HK and went home. restorations of both pieces are in another thread.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
No, that's a BPP

Black Plastic Pioneer

There is a difference.

PS If you can align a TX-7800 I'll work out a trade for the Pio you orphaned for the Yamaha and send it with the speakers.

Last edited:
Tagline
---
No, that's a BPP

Black Plastic Pioneer

There is a difference.

PS If you can align a TX-7800 I'll work out a trade for the Pio you orphaned for the Yamaha and send it with the speakers.

at 33lbs. and 157wRMS@8ohm it's pretty serious Pio BPC for sure.

oh, and i appreciate the offer, but a family member already laid claim to that iffy VSX-3600. i'm sorry about that...