Black Gold

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep those {PL's area pain in the ass to ship. Got an order in the other day that had a PL400, 2-PL2000's and a PL1000 all bouncing around in the same box with packing peanuts taking up space. Needless to say I was lit. E-mailed the seller and ripped some ass and he said file a claim but dont tell UPS how it was packed!!!! Do you believe that S***.? The 400 fared worst. The chassis has a dogleg in it , both meters are cracked, heatsinks are bent(all of them). Besides that it's one of the cleanest, non-molested 400's I've ever seen, just a shame.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Was it shipped UPS? What the heck are you going to do. If you file a claim they come and get them to inspect. Then they send them back to the sender. It is a bunch of crap to go through. Does he want you to repack them so he won't get busted. I had a R2R packed upside down and both spindles were broken. They came and got it. I never saw it again. There were 2 nice small holes in the bottom of the box. The seller paid me for shipping and everything.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I'm still thinking about it. I've already gone through the pre-amps, upgraded the op-amps to the "Brown Dog" adapters which allow you to roll any op-amp you choose, recapped with Elna and Nichicon Muse among other things. They sound fantastic, not giving them back , got it all for 300.00 so I'm not hurt , but I'm still pissed about it. The 400 will take ten hours of body work instead of the one hour to fix a fried driver.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
On the700? Does your's have the 1/4 inch jacks also? I don't think lenghth is an issue on the B. It would be on the Series I though.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
To tell you the truth I was gonna sneak in some new ones anyway. Carver seemed to cheap out on the oddest things.