Best Bluetooth Wifi Speaker;

Peter S

Journeyman
Hi Folks; Sorry to jump in but can anyone direct me to an un-biased bluetooth speaker comparison?
I'm looking for best sound under $200 CDN ($150 ish USD)
Thanks, Peter in Canada

I have a strong suspicion that 'googling' so far has lead me to a lot of sponsored sites..

Peter S

Journeyman
Hi Mark,
What are you working on these days?
Thanks AngrySailor; interesting option, I do have a few 700's a loose ends these days but I'm looking for something portable, with bluetooth and Wifi

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
My lady friend bought me one of these for my birthday a couple years back, it is lined with dynamat and actually sounds pretty good,

Attachments

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I have one I got a while ago for in the Rover. Waterproof and loud enough; I put Velcro on it and it sits on the dash.

BUT, the unique battery buried somewhere inside doesn’t hold a charge now...

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I'd say JBL or roll your own. This is the latest incarnation of my DIY BT speaker. Built around a Dayton 2.1 channel class d amp, some funky fountek aluminum full rangers, a Tang Band 3" subwoofer/3.5 passive radiator, a Sure HiFi apt-x module and a 4 18650 14 volt li-ion battery. I also have an 8 track player that pairs with it using Bluetooth.

I also really dig that ammo can one! Are those coaxial car speakers I see in there? IMG_20200614_193957.jpg

Peter S

Journeyman
Thanks for the info so far Guys,
My Daughter has a Sony SRS-X2 which got me into this kick. I am not a Sony fan but Unbelievable bass for it's tiny size. And about a pound. This model is discontinued and the new version has slightly smaller speakers.
Thanks, Fishoz;
The Altec is on sale at BestBuy for $69 CND but the frequency response is claimed to be 170 Hz to 18 kHz I have yet to see specs that are +/- 3 db are anything meaningful. Regardless, 170 Hz seems a little light but I don't have specs on the Sony.
About the DIY version; after spending 3 months on two PL700 II WOPL's and now rebuilding Peavey CS800 ( and finishing a porch deck ), my wife will leave me for the Digikey delivery guy if I start another project.

Attachments

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
Not sure if your looking for a particular size, I recently posted a cordless tool deal at HD. I don’t have one but maybe check out some online reviews the price seems decent for this with $99 batteries with free tool deal......no not affiliated with HD or Ryobi:

Attachments

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
I'd say JBL or roll your own. This is the latest incarnation of my DIY BT speaker. Built around a Dayton 2.1 channel class d amp, some funky fountek aluminum full rangers, a Tang Band 3" subwoofer/3.5 passive radiator, a Sure HiFi apt-x module and a 4 18650 14 volt li-ion battery. I also have an 8 track player that pairs with it using Bluetooth.

I also really dig that ammo can one! Are those coaxial car speakers I see in there?

I think they are car speakers (friend purchased this unit for me). Kicker model DSC40 - 4ohm

Attachments