Awesome CARE package from BlazES!

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
He sent a box that arrived yesterday that I jut had to pay shipping basically, only 40 bucks.

Here's what came in that box:

Logitech lighted keyboard (THREE brightness levels!)
Plantronics USB headset
SoundBlaster SBX PCIe sound card
GeForce GTX 260 graphics card (double-wide)
Canon Powershot digital camera with instructions, CD-rom and hardware, carrying case.
160 GB WD My Passport external drive
Icy Dock dual 2.5" drive enclosure (anything on there? I don't know, yet)
The new in package OCZ PC2 memory he said we talked about originally,

and an elephantine amount of other memory

That's an amazing bunch of stuff!

Thank you, Tony! That's a lot more than I would have ever expected!

Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Put it to good use Steven. :happy2:

We'll talk about that Icy Dock soon.
There are two 1 TB 2.5 incher HDD's stuffed in there that can either be raided, joined or used separately with one data & power cable.
That's the beauty of that enclosure.
Those drives are empty, tested and ready to rock !

He sent a box that arrived yesterday that I jut had to pay shipping basically, only 40 bucks.

Here's what came in that box:

Logitech lighted keyboard (THREE brightness levels!)
Plantronics USB headset
SoundBlaster SBX PCIe sound card
GeForce GTX 260 graphics card (double-wide)
Canon Powershot digital camera with instructions, CD-rom and hardware, carrying case.
160 GB WD My Passport external drive
Icy Dock dual 2.5" drive enclosure (anything on there? I don't know, yet)
The new in package OCZ PC2 memory he said we talked about originally,

and an elephantine amount of other memory

That's an amazing bunch of stuff!

Thank you, Tony! That's a lot more than I would have ever expected!

orange

Tagline
Got pics from the Mavica and the Canon, I didn't have it set to Auto to start so I have some doofus shots, and the other stuff in the box.

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0006.jpg
Canon Power Shot A95 pics (you really didn't want to see a blurry shot of my foot)

MVC-002S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG Mavica

BlazeES

Tagline
---
You should see a big improvement in picture quality with that Canon Steven, once you get familiar with it.
And save up and use NiMH batteries when you are able ... they're better and don't self-drain.

orange

Tagline
I have at least one set of four around here, I had two when I used them in the flash unit, it remains to be seen if I still have that charger 20 years later, much less the power supply to it.

orange

Tagline
Rebel Elf has been working on it since last year.

orange

Tagline
DI've got one medium disappointment but hope I can solve it...

The Sound Blaster Z-series (SB1500) drive will not take, says I have no device to install for, it's list and seems functional...I followed the instructions and removed all of the audi0 devices it SAID TO SO I COULD INSTALL AND ESTABLISH THE SB AS THE DEFAULT AUDIO DEVICE...

Ditto and then the front panel drivers reinstalled themselves.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Your front panel jacks are connected to your on-board audio?

DI've got one medium disappointment but hope I can solve it...

The Sound Blaster Z-series (SB1500) drive will not take, says I have no device to install for, it's list and seems functional...I followed the instructions and removed all of the audi0 devices it SAID TO SO I COULD INSTALL AND ESTABLISH THE SB AS THE DEFAULT AUDIO DEVICE...

Ditto and then the front panel drivers reinstalled themselves.

orange

Tagline
Affirmative. I don't see a hitching post for those hosses like Creative says some models of the Z-series may have, this is the SB1500. The fronts save me from running the integrated all the time or freeing it up for other things.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Affirmative. I don't see a hitching post for those hosses like Creative says some models of the Z-series may have, this is the SB1500. The fronts save me from running the integrated all the time or freeing it up for other things.
I'm pretty sure there's a header on the edge for front panel connections.
One thing is certain, you need to shut off your on-board audio when attempting to run an audio add-in card.

Most importantly, you need to download and install the latest Z software suite.
(... did I send the original disc along with the card? )

orange

Tagline
None that I could find. Now I have to determine which is the front audio cable and which is the lone working USB pair of two pairs in the from (one is no0t connected. Deleting all the device listings in Device Manager first like the website said didn't help and the installation program halts because it CAN'T FIND THE DEVICE>

Still making the CD, it's on e the backburner while I need the audio for checking the disc quality until it's all there (still at it).

BlazeES

Tagline
---
None that I could find. Now I have to determine which is the front audio cable and which is the lone working USB pair of two pairs in the from (one is no0t connected. Deleting all the device listings in Device Manager first like the website said didn't help and the installation program halts because it CAN'T FIND THE DEVICE>

Still making the CD, it's on e the backburner while I need the audio for checking the disc quality until it's all there (still at it).

Z connections.jpg

I would expect that if the system is having issues "seeing" the card properly,
that there would be an 'unknown' device in the device manager until the
drivers are installed correctly. Just a guess ...

orange

Tagline
I have to shut down to even see it in there. Red lighting is not my best friend.

orange

Tagline
View attachment 22433

I would expect that if the system is having issues "seeing" the card properly,
that there would be an 'unknown' device in the device manager until the
drivers are installed correctly. Just a guess ...
The funny thing is that it seemed to have installed when I turned the computer on the first time, then I had those problems, and at one point Windows Update failed to install an update for it, so WINDOWS knew it was there.

orange

Tagline
No dice. I extracted the program and it still says No supported device found on this machine. The front header cable is installed correctly too. It's lit up like a Christmas tree and in the PCI-e stub correctly but no dice.

I rescanned in Device Manager and now I have Other > PCI Device, which I assume is the card as it's on PCI bus 5, device 0, function 0. I have NO audio now.

Still not finding the damned card...uninstalled the high definition audio device Again and installed, without refreshing Device Manager. NO DICE. Still not finding the device and YES, I downloaded the right one.

Okay, I have both the SB, it's audio controller and the board's audio controller.