Audio Yard Sale

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
During the next few weeks I will be putting things up just pay shipping and other things for sale pennies on the dollar. Can do some horse trading. I have way to much stuff for one person.

Larry

If you know I have something and you want it let me know with an offer. Or I may give it to you.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I just traded a few lesser components I wasn't using in exchange for a nice Pioneer Elite MJ-17D MiniDisc deck from Innovative Audio, two weekends ago. Horse-trading works well with me, but I doubt I have much that would interest you, Larry. You seem very well-stocked with goodies.

Nando.

speakerman1

Tagline
Elite-ist said:
I just traded a few lesser components I wasn't using in exchange for a nice Pioneer Elite MJ-17D MiniDisc deck from Innovative Audio, two weekends ago. Horse-trading works well with me, but I doubt I have much that would interest you, Larry. You seem very well-stocked with goodies.

Nando.

LOL I have way to much. Will start doing spring cleaning.

Larry

Elite-ist

Staff member
Larry: While I was at IA that weekend I gave the Vandersteen 2Ci speakers another listen, while a fellow was demoing them. A couple of short clips for you. The Vandersteens sounded much better through this vintage Sansui set-up.

The speakers have been sold.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
speakerman1 said:
Rex Everything said:
So....why not ust make a thread with things for sale?
LOL That is what I was doing. Nando how much did they sell for?

Larry
They sold for the asking price: $775. That's a good deal!

Nando.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Elite-ist said:
speakerman1 said:
[quote="Rex Everything":2pdj8qmd]So....why not ust make a thread with things for sale?
LOL That is what I was doing. Nando how much did they sell for?

Larry
They sold for the asking price: $775. That's a good deal!

Nando.[/quote:2pdj8qmd]Now i,m really kicking myself

speakerman1

Tagline
400.00 would have been a good buy. I have a bunch of decks that I have 2 or 3 of. I just have to many. If you just want the deck not working I'll give away. If I throw things at it to fix it then I have to cover the belts. 99 % are just belts. I have wires and other things. I have to make room.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I have some AA gear that will be going Bye-Bye. 2 have the nice power supplies. Depending on the offer you may get the power supplies. LOL I cleared out alot of tapes in a short period of time. Have to put my systems together to see how many ICs I have. Some or a lot of them may be going. Some great monster cables and I think one pair of Vampires. Alot of speaker connectors. Yes I have Monster cables. I'm in the garage listening to them now. LOL

Larry

Elite-ist

Staff member
Fast Forward said:
speakerman1 said:
Why?

Larry
Had a pair locally on Craigs List ,,got within 25.00 of his offer he wouldn,t come down I wouldn,t go up he sold them for 400.00
Oh well, Robert. I checked my Audio magazine Annual Equipment Directory from 1992 and Vandersteen 2Ce speakers retailed for $1295 a pair. If you are paying less than half of the original retail price, that's what I consider a good deal. They have to be in excellent cosmetic and working condition.

Nando.