Audio Precision ATS-1 on the bay good deal

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Wow..He's come waaaay down on his price. I've had it on my list for awhile.
Do these have a video out port? SVGA/VGA? I see one for a parallel printer. Can't read the other.
Wondering if you can watch the display on a monitor & not worry about repairing the screen? Or might the lines be there also?
I think I will need one soon. Today I successfully made an electro magnet by wrapping wire around a nail. My electronics home study is coming right along.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Wow..He's come waaaay down on his price. I've had it on my list for awhile.
Do these have a video out port? SVGA/VGA? I see one for a parallel printer. Can't read the other.
Wondering if you can watch the display on a monitor & not worry about repairing the screen? Or might the lines be there also?
I think I will need one soon. Today I successfully made an electro magnet by wrapping wire around a nail. My electronics home study is coming right along.

No external video on these. I bet the display is still available from the factory. Here is a link if you want to contact them.

One day it's a magnet, the next it's a flip flop multivibrator...... Yer a natural bro...

I offered him $300 for it this morning but it automatically rejected my offer. I'd go as high as $500 but you can still read the display. I think I got mine for $1200 but I had to wait and wait till I found one at 3 am.... At $500 it's worth repairing. You may even find parts on the bay if you look daily and aint in a hurry. It looks ti be in good shape. Also, if you knew the part number, the chneeze dudes have stacks of these things and you may find a parts unit or just the display if you surf enough.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Man, a grand to get it all fixed and updated? Not bad considering the cost of these thing in ROUGH SHAPE. I think if you could pick that one up for 500, and sink a grand into it, you'd have a $2500 machine all day long. But, you gotta have the need to justify the cost. I have been using mine to tune up the reel to reels. It works great. I just ran a Carver 4000t across mine tonight. Couldn't live without it really..... I wanted a DD Like Lee's but I have yet to repair anything that needed the digital side of it. My second choice would be the Portable One Plus. NOT CHEAP.....

BlazeES

Tagline
---
OK, but riddle me this Bat Man. Who calibrates their ATS-1's and how much does that set you back ?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
OK, but riddle me this Bat Man. Who calibrates their ATS-1's and how much does that set you back ?
Mine just fell out of calibration but I am not going to do it. My buddy works in the Cal Lab for a major firm here in Tucson..... I have a lot of dirt on him so maybe he'll cal it if i don't tell his wife about the shit we used to do

grapplesaw

Tagline
---

We have a cal company here in Vancouver that can do the job. If you want the best the ats-1should go to the factory. $700 flat rate to fix everything.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I plan on setting one up with a Precision mic in the listening room. Then I can dial those electronic crossovers in. Maybe by summer

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Mine just fell out of calibration but I am not going to do it. My buddy works in the Cal Lab for a major firm here in Tucson..... I have a lot of dirt on him so maybe he'll cal it if i don't tell his wife about the shit we used to do

Perry Have you tried a default reboot yet

I will send you the procedure