Apple iPad2, Anyone have one?

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Has anyone here used one of those ipad gizmos? What are your thoughts on the thing?

Never had any plan to own an Apple computer item but there is now one sitting on the table at home. Last week while at the local electronics show they pulled my name from the hat for an ipad, so home it came.

Have used it a little but have very mixed comments on it thus far, mostly negative. As with most things, I don't get the hype.

Thanks,
Robert

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Next time demand M$NEY

orange

Tagline
Actually, if you $ell it you will have kablingy for a Duff beer.

Never save yourself from beer, make the others suffer.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Well Robert, you obviously aren't a global Hip-Hop star, A world famous photographer or a boxer turned politician turned singer-------no wonder you don't get it!!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I ya don't like it....sell it...and look at the newly announced Amazon Kindlelike FIRE...It is suppose to be another iPod killer for a whole lot less $$...Sell it before iPod comes out with the iPod 3....that'll drive the price downn..I think all those lil tablets are kinda kool, but for the money...I have a 10" little mini computer that I bought a year ago for about $150.00....it's fun on a trip.

orange

Tagline
You really want a LLAMA. LLAMA DOLLY.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Pretty cool thingie to win Robert, it might grow on you if you decide not to sell it.

It's the size of them that perplexes me, to big to slip in a pocket or your manpurse, to small to look like you're working on something important with. I guess I'm behind the times.

We need an old man smiley :alien:

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I know I'm grave digging this thread a bit, but I have an iPhone that my wife got me last year and I have an old acer laptop. I've been rarely using the laptop since I got the phone. It's much more comfortable to browse on the phone while I chill out in my sound room. Plus it's faster then the laptop. (ok the laptop was crap from the beginning)

Drawbacks are the small screen, and no real keyboard. Doesn't seem to matter too much. Funny I was in that camp where I thought it was so silly that so many people were buying these phones and the iPads, but I actually like this thing. People that moan about it will show me what they have and when we compare, it usually makes me glad that I have this even more.

The price of these and the pads are a bit ridiculous to me, but if my wife wants to gift me an iPad, I'm sure I'd use it, all the time.

orange

Tagline
I have Granny Smiths and applesauce.

I don't know the OSes but they were delicious.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
My ipad2 is still sitting on the shelf, used it twice tops. I am hoping my Mom will take a liking to it when she comes to visit this summer. For some reason I just don't get it and much prefer a typical laptop.

orange

Tagline
rtp_burnsville said:
My ipad2 is still sitting on the shelf, used it twice tops. I am hoping my Mom will take a liking to it when she comes to visit this summer. For some reason I just don't get it and much prefer a typical laptop.
I have a Panasonic boombox when I am too lazy to use a receiver.

Maybe I should fix the PIONEER BOOMBOX...

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I actually found a useful app for the phone. There's a handy Craigslist search engine that you can set up a "search agent" in. So say I'm looking for, i dunno, Phase Linear stuff. After you set it up,it will seek out Phase Linear in electronics within 10 cities, and continue to check. So it stays running in the background and will give you alerts when something new is added. Kinda handy on the phone as you'll have it with you and it'll be hard to miss out on things when your doing other stuff.