Anybody here collect US Army WWII and Korean conflict medals?

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
These were an uncle's and have been in storage for a lot of years, I know nothing about values but the ribbons are clean and no fraying. There is a few German Occupation ones, Korea and just WWII ones. I can remove them from the frame to save shipping but they look beautiful on the wall. I am not into militaria and I'd rather see them with someone who collects this stuff

Asking $150 shipped w/ the fancy frame OBO in the US

PayPal to: topeliminator@earthlink.net

If you right click on each image and copy properties and paste to another browser, the images will open up huge. You may have to click on them to expand

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Taking these to the fleamarket to see if I can sell them, thanks for the looks

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
2-wwII victory
national defense service
korean service
2-wwII army occupation
army commendation
army good conduct medal

There were so many different medals, fun looking those up. I'd hate to have to decode some of the long term military guys ribbons.

Seems these sell for about 11 bucks each on line from some medal sellers.

I'm kinda wondering what my dad would have in total after his career.

Tagline
---
2-wwII victory
national defense service
korean service
2-wwII army occupation
army commendation
army good conduct medal

There were so many different medals, fun looking those up. I'd hate to have to decode some of the long term military guys ribbons.

Seems these sell for about 11 bucks each on line from some medal sellers.

I'm kinda wondering what my dad would have in total after his career.
Wonder what the metal is or specifically how much gold. I have heard that people would clean up on the old trench coats... apparently the buttons they used had a fair amount of gold and people would buy the coats in bulk then sell the buttons for the gold.

My grandfather was a tank commander and fought through North Africa, Italy and I believe France after that. He found a piece of trench art in the desert, an 18 pounder British artillery shell that had been decorated in 1919 by a German soldier and left there. My grandfather come along in the early part of WWII and brought it home after he was done there. Pretty crazy to find something like that from the previous war.