Another Day, Another Place, Another Tuner

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
We visited my brother & sister-in-law for a few days, and got back last night. While there, in Pinedale, WY, we were directed to a local thrift, and it was the usual thing - lots of tape machines, both cassette & VCR, and TV electronics, but little else. I did find an Akai AT-V04 tuner for five bucks. Fmtunerinfo.com wrote well of it, and this morning I hooked it into the shop system. No signal. Ah, ramped up the variable output screw to max: great FM! It tunes nicely and the sound quality is very nice too. It's a keeper, soon to replace the Proton in the rack.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
So.....you were within 100 miles of the Master's Chair......

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Lee, if you are referring to Gillette, it looked like a fur piece on the map, and Barb was not enthusiastic...

The I-90 route was too far north, and Gillette was too far from I-80. Maybe next time. There are just too few east-west routes in your state.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If you went north of Rock Springs to Pinedale, yeah we're 255 miles from I-80....just giggin ya Bud...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Barb and I began to drive north to Jackson to see the Tetons, but shortly after crossing the Green River, we realized that we would not see them even if we continued, due to the rain. The weather turned cold and rainy shortly after we arrived, and it made me a bit depressed. On the good side, I found that, given the powerful engine, five-speed auto trannie, all-wheel-drive, and traction control, the X-Type is a great road car. Using cruise in the rain is no big deal, and not unsafe at all.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
​Thanks for the correction, but I thought "amen" came from the Egyptian language. I'll have to research it.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
You're right - the Egyptian connection seems to be a dead end. Since you are Lutheran, I offer this:

http://ergofabulous.org/luther/?

It's a Martin Luther Insult Generator - his own words. I always liked his direct, vigorous way of expressing himself. I will say that in my days as a Seventh-Day Adventist, I was taught considerable respect for Luther and his teachings. For all its shortcomings, the SDA church had good things to say about those of other denominations, as much as it was able. These days, Barb and I go to a Southern Baptist church, but I will always be a round peg in a square hole around Baptists. Or is that a square peg in a round hole? Squaring the circle? I dunno...