Anki Overdrive and Fast & Furious racing sets

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Anyone tried this great little race set https://www.wired.com/video/watch/if-hot--and-sphero-had-a-baby-it-would-be-anki-overdrive

A little history....it’s been around since 2014. Anki went under in 2017 and discontinued production of all robotics (Cosmo, Vector and Overdrive). Software still available but not being supported. Price of starter system new $150-$180. Price started dropping...now picking up sets for <$30. Jumping to Dec 2019 Digital DreamsLLC bought all inventory and rights of Anki and have advised they will be continuing the Overdrive robotics line and software.

I did say robotics...these cars are mini A.I. Robots...fully armed (you have to earn them) and the closest thing to Battlebots you can get. Not just racing but strategic disabling and power moves make interesting battles. Race against friends or A.I. Controller opponents. Check em out!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Looks like great fun. Also a great gift idea for the older grandkids. Thanks for posting this Fish...

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I have to say ... that is pretty cool tech. We were gypped as kids :laughing8:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Hell yeah, I almost pulled the trigger and bought a bunch of that stuff and then remembered I still have 8 Locomotives (a couple brass ones too) waiting for a track set up of some sort.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Speaking of trains: For Christmas, they set up the Gilbert collection at the Eli Whitney museum in Hamden. Gilbert made the erector set, chemistry sets and the American Flyer trains. My dad had all that stuff. It was made in New Haven here.

Anyway, the detail on them is pretty nice. And the engine weighed a ton! I used a bit of lemon oil when I was playing with them for the smoke- it worked well.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
New cars and a Supertrucks added. Had to change the track cause the trucks don’t jump. One of the programs is “Takeover”. You disable the ST, take it over and wreak havoc on the track. In this mode if you’re knocked around backward you can still race against the flow and just plow into another car or blast the shit out of it. 9AA121C1-90CD-4D32-9B26-3F42EDB59A03.jpeg D7C99CD8-5D58-4CB3-AB1F-FD80703C1DDA.jpeg 10946F96-60D1-4D56-992E-90C9D31252E2.jpeg

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Things changed since the slot car track I hung out at as an a-do-less-ant.

Could not afford a decent hand controller so had to wrap a cheapie in duct tape and cloth because it would get stinkin' smokin' hot.