An ode to my 'Girl' Teena Marie, Lady T

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
I can't believe it's been 6 years since the Lord said he'd rather have there than here :sad7:, well, He knows best! Thanks for coming to be yesterday in my dream, that was very special and, you kissed me on the lips :love7: Lady T.jpg , Dang I miss you! How many times did I buy your latest Lp, carefully unwrapped it, read your special liner notes then, dropped the needle to play and was in bliss, no one make me feel like I was the only one like you Girl!!

How many times when I realized that my love was cast aside and blew snot over the dashboard in my pain listening to your prose that it's all part of something bigger than all of us. No One ever EVER, wreaked my last good nerve like you, good and bad!! Who the hell Writes, Produces, Arranges and preforms the music?? You did, when no female ever dared...and when they said No! You passed a law for all musicians...

The Brockert Initiative.. "In 1982, Marie got into a heated legal battle with Motown records over her contract and disagreements about releasing her new material.<12> The scuffle resulted in "The Brockert Initiative", which makes it illegal for a record company to keep an artist under contract without releasing new material for that artist. In such instances, artists are able to sign and release with another label instead of being held back by an unsupportive one. Teena Marie commented on the law in an LA Times article, saying, "It wasn't something I set out to do. I just wanted to get away from Motown and have a good life. But it helped a lot of people, like Luther Vandross and the Mary Jane Girls, and a lot of different artists, to be able to get out of their contracts."

But in the end, it's all about the music and the love, you got it and no genre could hold you, you pushed through every style of sound and made it yours and ours :love1: Go T.jpg , you had the cojones to say "Sometimes the needs of the one out way the needs of the many" , I hope many of my friends reading this search out some of your magic sounds...much, Huge Love my dear Lady T!!