An Introduction

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
I guess this is the place to put this...looks good to me.

Anyhow, when I joined Phoenix back in Jan., my interest was rekindled in Phase Linear amps. They were great back in the day and after reading a lot here I found that now they were even better...much better. Somewhere I saw a picture of the Clair Brothers PL's that Perry was rebuilding and fell in love with them. All I could do was think about them. I was in love! At first I thought they were on the pricey side, but it was pointed out what a bargain they were. A brand new state of the art amp putting out 500 watts for around $2000. Well I saw the error of my thinking and saw what a good buy it really was. What other amp on the market with that much power can be had for so little? And being a Clair bros. was like buying a piece of history. There were only so many available. I thought about these and thought some more and finally contacted Perry and asked if he could build me one.

Last Friday I received a package from Fed-Ex:

IMG_2365.jpg

Guys and Gal, I want you to meet Virginia. She's the life of the party and really puts out! I just love her! Ain't she pretty?

IMG_2382.jpg

This is where she'll be living along with some other components

IMG_2386.jpg IMG_2392.jpg

And here she is doing what she was designed to do...WOPLing with some Dire Straits

IMG_2395.jpg

So.... I just wanted to introduce her to ya'll and I want to thank Perry again for making this happen.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Smiling eh bud?!!

What do you have the She-Beast hooked up to?

She's in operation, Dire Straits on the platter...please elaborate a bit more on what you are hearing?

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
Actually, I was listening to the CD player. Telegraph Road. Oh, and I'm listening to that on a pair of Dalquist DQ-10's. A little bass shy, but they've never sounded better!

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I was tempted by a pair of DQ 10's today on Chicago CL. Really nice shape. Alas, no where to put them now...someday....maybe...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Ah yes, Virginia.... The young lass I could only dream about.... She looks right at home in the jam control center (The JCC as we like to call it). I see you have room for a twin... I'm glad you are happy. Makes me happy for sure. Dire Straits? Hmmmmm, I need one ore two of their albums.

Yup, I said ORE

Last edited: