Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I gave up on that long ago...

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Categorizing takes the fun out of searching for a specific record. I like spending 2 hrs searching for a Van Halen lp LMAO!!!!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
You just finished a move to a new place, right? Most of my albums are boxed, but once I buy some proper shelving, I am trying to devise a method of categorizing so I don't have to rejig my category sections each time I have to slot in a recently purchased LP. How will you categorize?

Nando.

Cafe944

Journeyman
I categorized by genre, in then within each genre. I go by alphabetical order. I listen to all kinds of music, from Johnny Cash,Jazz,Bossa Nova,rock and salsa.
Dying to get this house organized,so I can play with my toys. Here is my 700 II prior to the mod.

Attachments

Cafe944

Journeyman
Like The Phase Linear, Here Is Another Great Example Of American Design & Timeless Architecture In Regards To Audio Gear. The Harmon Kardon Citation 1 Pre Amp.
Perhaps One Of The Most Musical Phono Stages To This Very Day.

Attachments

Cafe944

Journeyman
What's included in the "mod" Jose?
Hi Lee,
I will do my best to describe the mod process that this particular unit was part of.
Over sized cans - soft start - speaker protection circuit - re-designed grounding circuit - Steve M board

Cafe944

Journeyman
Have you been reading up on some of the White Oak goodies?
Yes Sir, It truly is amazing to see how many dedicated music lovers are bringing back and improving on a great american piece of audio. Phase Linear is truly a timeless piece.I take my hat off to all you guys that show so much dedication and desire to make this great amp,the best it can be.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Categorizing by genres, then alphabetical order within the genres, is a good method, Jose. Thanks for posting those pictures of your modified PL and HK amps, Jose. You've probably sparked a conversation in regards to what has been done on them. Is your system is set up, yet, in your new place?

Nando.

Cafe944

Journeyman
Categorizing by genres, then alphabetical order within the genres, is a good method, Jose. Thanks for posting those pictures of your modified PL and HK amps, Jose. You've probably sparked a conversation in regards to what has been done on them. Is your system is set up, yet, in your new place?

Nando.
Hi Nando I'm in the process of doing the final setup. It should be up and running within two weeks max. I'm in the middle of receiving our furniture and just do not have the time to put into finalizing the install.
However the Amp & Pre are on 24/7 with a source signal from a cd player. Once I complete the install, I will certainly keep you guys up to date with photos and impressions.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The next round of loaner will be a 700B fully comp version. The last round was the quasi version with no backplanes.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Hi Lee,
I will do my best to describe the mod process that this particular unit was part of.
Over sized cans - soft start - speaker protection circuit - re-designed grounding circuit - Steve M board
What's a Steve M board?