Advantages to WOPL back planes??

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Is there and real advantages to the WOPL back plains compared to stock original?? To me it seems their only real job is mechanical to plug output transistors to.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
BIIIIGGGGG Advantage on the WOPL Backplanes. There is a bit more to it than just the plugging of transistors.. Just having a robust pair of circuit boards makes working on one a much easier task. Have you looked at an original socket for the transistors? They fall apart when removed. The components on a new backplane are easier to change IF you ever have a part that needs replacement.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Is there and real advantages to the WOPL back plains compared to stock original?? To me it seems their only real job is mechanical to plug output transistors to.
i will send you the release notes which explain all the improvements. The biggest being able to easily convert to full comp with the much improved soundstage

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
AND!!!! It eliminates about 75% of the point to point wiring, that in itself is worth it....

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
lol but it would be cheaper to buy a thick porterhouse and a fresh live Maine lobster to put on the grill :toothy5:
Not sure of the sound quality of a porterhouse on the left ear or an angry lobster clamped to my other ear but.... :toothy5:

Sounds YUMMY

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Not sure of the sound quality of a porterhouse on the left ear or an angry lobster clamped to my other ear but.... :toothy5:

Sounds YUMMY
won't be any porters or lobsters on my dinner plate for me for awhile once wifey finds out I'm building a new amp! :violent1: