ABBA is releasing a new record

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I heard of this last week and the band has five new songs to be released on their Voyage album.

One of the songs, "Don't Shut Me Down."

Nando.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Yes indeed, this is really good news! I already ordered the vinyl version on the ABBA site and i couldn't wait to have it here in November! This album seems very promising!

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Wow. Seems amazingly similar to the old stuff!

Not surprised, yet, I was hopeful the music would get a reboot as those lyrics imply for the singer…

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
There's no doubt about it, they've written some monumental songs, so full of energy that made it difficult to not get up and bop, but sadly this isn't one of them.
It's a 'safe' song. They could've done soooo much more.
Not knocking them, just sayin'.....

J!m

Absolutely. When they released their old stuff the time was right for what they made. Now, they need something relevant for today.

It certainly sounds like them, and a older audience will embrace it, but he bulk of the 20-30 yo market will not be seeking this out.

Hopefully (for them) it is the “safe” release- the teaser, and other songs will be more innovative for them. That’s what I was hoping for.

There is no question of their musicality; however, I’m not interested in a modern release of songs they didn’t release in the 70’s- B-sides and/or I’ll fitting to the records if the time, and now have decided to regurgitate.

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
Yeh, I'm with you there Jim.
I'm running it through some Reverbs, adding a bit more Chorus effect and re-EQ'ing the bass to fix the kick drum a bit has made heaps of difference.