Aaron Hernandez dead

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
He was found hanging in his cell

I feel bad for his daughter but other then that, I am not losing any sleep over it. He wanted to be a gangsta and got what he deserved

Tagline
---
He was found hanging in his cell

I feel bad for his daughter but other then that, I am not losing any sleep over it. He wanted to be a gangsta and got what he deserved
life was cheap to him I guess... I'm not sure what the motivation to killing himself is when he was apparently happy to get out of the 2 recent murder charges. Life in prison was the deal breaker? It just seems to me that the idea of prison would be a real possibility to anyone participating in gang style murders... but then again typically it's not a rational act.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
After the acquittal on the latest case he had a shot on the first conviction through an appeal. They said he had a good shot to get it heard.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I think he was paying on a life insurance policy... his girlfriend took his last name not to long ago even though they were not married. Lawyers already took all his remaining money so he could not meet the LI payment (what Shayanna did not manage to stash at least) and since he was not guaranteed a successful appeal/acquittal of the first case, he took the surefire way out so his daughter would have something. Maybe that is why the mom broght the daughter to the hearing, sort of a last goodbye???

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I think he was paying on a life insurance policy... his girlfriend took his last name not to long ago even though they were not married. Lawyers already took all his remaining money so he could not meet the LI payment (what Shayanna did not manage to stash at least) and since he was not guaranteed a successful appeal/acquittal of the first case, he took the surefire way out so his daughter would have something. Maybe that is why the mom broght the daughter to the hearing, sort of a last goodbye???
Can't Collect if its suicide.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Not always true - some policies will pay after two years in force.....he may have actually done something good for his kid.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Lawyer says it can't be suicide, sources?

Did it when the Patriots were headed to the White House as well.

Fishier than Cannery Row.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Strange piece of MA law provides that if you commit suicide or are murdered in prison, you are exonerated of the crime you are in for. He was convicted of the death of Odin Lloyd but acquitted of the latter 2 street murders. Taking his life sent him to the grave as a man without crime. Heads off any ongoing civil action by plaintiffs representing the murdered. That frees his daughter and GF with his name of further civil prosecution.

Crappy law in my book.

PS: Father Gagan was exonerated in the same manner when he was murdered in prison.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
And now the Pats are gonna have to pay his estate what they stopped after he was arrested....

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I haven't heard that one, but I'm not sure about that. He was terminated on the grounds of being convicted of a crime in some part and now that it's expunged it only means that it was excused, not that it never existed as a condition of the termination.

There is no statement that he didn't do it, only that it has been cleared, therefore he was still in violation of the terns of his NFL contract that led to the suspension of payments.

The owner can be nice to the family but it doesn't change things.