A Worthy Antenna

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
My step-daughter gave Barb and I a 55-inch TV, so bought a digital TV antenna off FB marketplace for it. It did not work. Went to the local audio/video store, bought a new one that DID work. Later, I tried the used antenna out on the ADS tuner in the shop system: FIVE BARS. Nice!

Lazarus Short

Tagline
So...some eight years after I started this thread, I believe I have a worthy FM antenna. There were some signal artifacts at first, but I slipped the antenna UNDER the tuner, so the signal is "buffered." Whatever I might call it, there is no more artifact, just clean signal and five bars out of five.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Growing up, I never thought much of rabbit ear antennas - they seemed to go along with bad signals and crude black & white TV's. Now, the rabbit ears are back on the ADS tuner, as the built-in amp of the digital antenna just made for more noise - a small but pesky problem. I've also replaced the skinny wire antenna on the Rotel with another from my collection of rabbit ears - it sounded really bad this morning, and I had to do something. Now, the sound is just glorious!