A Christmas gift the wife bought me for the man cave

I have a very thoughtful wife who knows that I'm into spinning vinyl. What guy would not like the following statement and I know the online joke is my wife heard the sound quality difference from the kitchen. I just bought a new record and I was spinning it on my deck, and she walked into the room and said is that what's playing? I said yes it is, and she acted surprised, and said it sounds great. She also randomly buys me T-shirts with pictures of records or something about vinyl on them. I'm very blessed to have her. The amount of money that is spent on a gift has no bearing when it comes from within someone.

they also slightly changed the song name and record label name from the original back in the day.

Check out these coasters pretty cool or what? E6E4F737-D9D1-40E1-B208-D143BE42263D.jpeg 0E20CA69-9655-4036-B6EC-268DCC615EBC.jpeg 45972D66-F7BF-4E4E-A70C-131C62B196D2.jpeg E6E4F737-D9D1-40E1-B208-D143BE42263D.jpeg 0E20CA69-9655-4036-B6EC-268DCC615EBC.jpeg

My wife has one rule...if you spend money on it, it must sound better.....good hirl...
well there goes half my purchases lolol.

Looking back I've made some good purchases, and some not so good. I think I'm good for a while, and the setup I have is very enjoyable. Everything to the speakers is about as transparent as it gets, so the only thing I would think about after five or 10 years is my retirement speakers. I have an approximately 22 year old set of Wilson audio speakers now, and they really are a great speaker, but I would consider another pair eventually. I would love a pair of Revel Salon 2's and I own a set of their F-52's which are a very good sounding set of speakers, and I do like the Revel house sound.

borchee

Journeyman
I'm sure soup flows silkier now, mashed potatoes are creamier, muffins airier, gorgonzola has more bite to it, spaghetti gained on linearity, wine bouquet on dimensionality and the overall tastestage is just a revelation. Aaaaamen!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
That's an old pic. The 700 I got from Perry does most of the heavy lifting. I have two RL-11'S loaned out and should get the 3rd back from Kevin this week. Then I'll put that on the F's with The Pig. The K's will have the Rowland and the 700, both being fed by the 105 Oppo, and digital duties by the computer and the Dac-in -the Box. Need to upgrade the dac to a Blue SoundNode 2 and try some of the high quality Google streaming...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have some experimenting I want to do with the K's and F's. I want to limit the K's to about 500hz and let the F's handle above that to see how that sounds...the F's dont like anything below 30hz...well, not like I guess but it sure uses up a lot of cone excursion and.limits mid and upper volume. I'm curious as to what the F's can do strictly in the upper ranges.
Craig and I were planning a grand experiment where by I would bring down a set of K bass bins and set them up with his Martin Logan Summits in place of the subs on his Logans.... but his passing.put the kibosh on that. I think it would have sounded amazing, cause those slabs could get loud, but seemed constrained in the bass department..