700b switch

Dutch54

Journeyman
Have a 700b with a locking switch that needs a key to turn on/off but I did not get a key when I purchased it, so I am now hoping someone has a switch I can buy from them. Thanks in advance for any help.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Here are some phpotos of the OEM switch. I also included a photo of the triac board I designed. The OEM switch is only rated for 3 amps. Consequently it doesn't last long. When the triac biard is used with the rotory switch the rotory switch lasts a life time. Like my relay boards no drilling required.

There is a switch on ebay of dubious quality and fit. Send me a PM for a cost much less than $100.

I also Included a bonus photo of a 50 uf/1000v cap that failed in an inverter this week. They aren't supposed to rupture like. Since the caps are oil filled they pose a risk of fire if they rupture.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Looks like the fan run caps in that Baker Centrilift cabinet you were elbow deep in....

Dutch54

Journeyman
Talk about "unlocking the music"...
This unit came from Star Light and Sound, they called it the "Santana" amp because at one of Santana's shows it could be see on stage. Why the lock I have no idea. There was two of these and I found switch for it and replaced the switch and face plate, got the face plate from your store, White Oak. Thanks a lot.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
If it were mine, I'd get a key made and keep the switch on the unit. Any good locksmith can make a key. I make a key for my great grandfathers carpenters box by making a aluminum blank and using the impression method, then filing the blank until it worked.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The provenance is all hearsay. Rick Harrison would not give you an extra nickel for it. When I visited Terry Hanley’s warehouse in Lawrence MA, I had my picture taken next to the speakers that were used at Woodstock. Those speakers are still sitting unsold in that warehouse as far as I know. The most interesting thing in his warehouse for me was the classic Delta Unisaw, I quickly passed on it after seeing the corner it the cast iron top broken off. The Terry Hanley hearsay provenance for the 26 PL700Bs he had was that these were Aerosmith amps. Interesting but meh.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Yeah, I heard the stories flying when I bought the Clair Brothers pallets of amps from Audio Honolulu. But, he said EVERYBODY used them which is a little easier to digest.

Dutch54

Journeyman
Yeah, I reread his post. He's already replaced the face plate, so it's no longer a "Santana" amp. Your right Sniff. Get a switch.
As I said in post #9 there was two of them and I bought them both, one I replaced the face plate, switch and sold. The other I am looking for a switch, which wattsabundant says he has one. I was told they were the "Santana" amps, but I don't care who owned at one time or another, I plan on doing what I please with the other , that I still have.