700 Series II

Tagline
---
Just acquired a 700 Series II. It's in great condition. One owner unit that's been in storage for almost 20 years. I did all the precautionary procedures to bring it up to full voltage, and it's working perfectly. I hooked it up to my upgraded 3300 II preamp and ran it for a couple hours. Sounds great and performs wonderfully. However, it is box-stock. The covers have obviously never been off and the transistors are all originals. Given its age, I'm not sure how I want to proceed with possible upgrades, so I'd welcome any comments or suggestions. I came by the unit through an engineer friend of mine who works for Apple. I love these tech guys. They've all made big money with Apple, and now just go out and throw down cash for new multi-channel, home theater stuff. That leaves all the old equipment up for grabs — if you get lucky and locate the stuff. I got the 700 in a trade for welding up the guy's broken, aluminum, dog gate. The repair took me a full 32 minutes, and cost me 36 inches of 6061, 1x square tube. I think I got the best of the deal!

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Hell yeah.... Very good deal.... Do the upgrades, you wont regret. I think me and Lee figured out doing all of the upgrades with a DCP was about $700