$5 Pioneer PL-05 and a PL-550 question

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Picked it up at the fleamarkt last week and ordered a belt. I erroneously assumed this was a Linear Tracker but it's not. Has a cool tonearm that sweeps out from the back. Got the new belt and it plays perfectly. Not a bad little unit at all, still has the factory Pioneer P mount cart, stylus looks barely used. Digging some Alvin Lee on it now, the Ride On lp with a studio side and a Live side. The Live side kicks arse

Anybody else have this turntable or had it in the past? Finally got the tray moving somewhat better but I wondered if there is specific lube points. I found my tube of hype lubricant

Also, does anyone know where the lube point is for the bearing in a PL-550? I might as well do that also before I lose the lube again LMAO. Best stuff I have ever come across, it's call Industrial Super Lube and it's made by Permatex

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Your SM is available for free on hifiengine.com's sister, vinylengine.com (registration is required), I haven't checked Elektrotanya yet, PDF reader required.

If you are not a member of either, you should be...they are vital and the amount to manuals provided is quite impressive.

This might be an important specification: Cartridge weight range: 4 to 14.5g

Yes, the SM is available from Elektrotanya.com....scroll down to find the search window and enter Pioneer PL-550. The site's native language is an eastern European one but you can find the English option with some skill and keep it as a default when signed in. It TOO is highly recommended.

Non-members are allowed a maximum of two downloads a day, members a good bit more....downloading them is free but some files may be in other formats, such as djVu or compressed formats like .rar, which you need to have software to open...you can save them as well and look now and later.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Also, I would look at the anti-skate control before attempting to get at the bearing. Without looking far past the first few pages, my hunch would be the bearing would not perhaps need that...a hunch, not a phono tech but then again I've never needed one lubed, had a broken antiskating mech once.