400 Series II thick heat sinks (8 fin)

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Anybody seen this??
This 400 II has really thick heat sinks and the nylon shoulder washers don't go through the chassis and sinks. Then the outputs won't reach the QFP plugs in the back plane... My first 400!!!!

This pic shows how shy the shoulder washers are of going all the way through.

400 II.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
An output barely pushes the QFP

the heat sink is .17 inches thick. I dont know how thick they are supposed to be. The chassis is the same thickness as a 700-

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Pissed me off. Thought I'd finally have an amp besides Ronnies which will be leaving in a day or two. I have a 700B but no back planes and control board, and a 400 Series II with all the parts but it won't fit together......

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I measured a 700B heat sink and it's .13...... this 400 sink is .17

guess I can't bitch since the 400 II was given to me but I wish I would have discovered this BEFORE I spent a shitload of money on parts.

JOE!!!!!! I need a new 400 II Chassis and sinks..... :)

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
I measured a 700B heat sink and it's .13...... this 400 sink is .17

guess I can't bitch since the 400 II was given to me but I wish I would have discovered this BEFORE I spent a shitload of money on parts.

JOE!!!!!! I need a new 400 II Chassis and sinks..... :)
Got a belt sander? I know it’s not ideal but sand down the back side and rattle can it, it can’t be seen and I wouldn’t think it would matter electrically?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Got a belt sander? I know it’s not ideal but sand down the back side and rattle can it, it can’t be seen and I wouldn’t think it would matter electrically?

I'll get drunk and rub it on the frozen cement in the garage till it's thinner. Or, if it ever warms up I can take it to my CNC bro