phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
was at the mechanics yesterday....a customer came up in a toyota hilux with a stake bed...highly valued vehicle here...it has a gas motor that a buddy wanted to trade a diesel motor...every one here wants a diesel...he gave the guy 600 plus the gas motor and had the diesel installed....one minor problem...a truck toyota diesel is 4.2 liters non turbo...dont know what this diesel came out of...but it was a toyota diesel...but 1.8 liters...
would not pull the truck...the guy also took computer and accessories with him.. and nowhere to be found...now the truck owner is installing an older carburated motor that doesnt need computing power...he lost a bucket of money....kinda feel bad for him....maybe it wont be so bad if he can sell the 1.8....welcome to costa rica!!!

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Old ones were the best - through the E46 chassis. The newer ones are getting too challenging for a shadetree mechanic who doesn't have thousands of $$ to invest in esoteric testing tools. Reliability has wavered as well.
esoteric ..a new word for me!!!
a very diverse group!!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
was at the mechanics yesterday....a customer came up in a toyota hilux with a stake bed...highly valued vehicle here...it has a gas motor that a buddy wanted to trade a diesel motor...every one here wants a diesel...he gave the guy 600 plus the gas motor and had the diesel installed....one minor problem...a truck toyota diesel is 4.2 liters non turbo...dont know what this diesel came out of...but it was a toyota diesel...but 1.8 liters...
would not pull the truck...the guy also took computer and accessories with him.. and nowhere to be found...now the truck owner is installing an older carburated motor that doesnt need computing power...he lost a bucket of money....kinda feel bad for him....maybe it wont be so bad if he can sell the 1.8....welcome to costa rica!!!
The home of love triangles :)

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yes, but mine is all factory, of course. I have the filter housing and the hoses, but I need the M Roadster radiator, oil cooler and lower shrouding to get it sorted out.

That’s the easiest way.

There’s a few ways to do it, including the Euro parts, but here used Roadster parts are cheaper.