SILCLEAR Silver Contact Enhancer

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
Anyone hear of this this snake oil

https://shop.mapleshadestore.com/SILCLEAR-Silver-Contact-Enhancer_p_1177.html

Apply Silclear on any high-touted, gold-plated connector and you'll immediately get an improvement in picture and/or sound quality. We recommend applying the thinnest possible coating for best performance, which will last for lasts 10 to 20 unpluggings. Comes in a 7-gram jar with small applicator brush that may last a lifetime -- just don't loose the jar. 30-Day Money-Back

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
As a component of grease, silver may not tarnish. This stuff may actually work and though I am sensitive to snake oil, it's the price that puts me off, even though it is reasonable, given the silver content. I'm really on the fence on this one.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I have a can of Deoxit gold from the Clinton administration.. Not even half empty yet, and we used it all the time on amp refurbishments in the guiyar shop.

Does a great job cleaning up the nickel plated RCAs on the old receivers too.

George S.

Used to use Deoxit Gold on IBM T30 laptop ram slots. Worked great, got it from Radio Shack. I keep a spray can of it, but don't have many real gold contacts or ram stick issues any more.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
This stuff does work according to a friend. But it is messy.

I'm a firm believer in renewing connections all connections about once a year...learned from that friend. Just breaking and remaking connections in the rig will give a new, clean connection not affected by the year or more of contamination that has started to degrade the previous connections. Whenever I bring this up there is a chorus of agreement from folks that do regularly clean connections and a few new converts.

Might get as much improvement from just cleaning all the connections as with using this silver stuff, though.