Panasonic SG-336 Portable Record player help needed

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
My in-laws dug this out for my son. It's actually working but need a stylus. I'm not sure yet if it is even replaceable, but whatever is there, does respond and produce a signal to the onboard amp and speaker. (Runs both 33 and 45 RPM)

I suspect it will sound like complete garbage but it's fun, and my son is excited about it... If you have any info (or parts!) please let me know. I've searched and asked on Vinyl Engine and also searched eBay and come up empty, so I'm hoping someone's lot of old styluses may yield something... It'll be good to teach him to care for records, although he's pretty good with that already. I guess handling a tonearm and the other fiddly bits that go along with it.

Worst case I'll have to make a new tonearm that takes a cheap A-T cartridge. But, I didn't want to spend $400 on this thing.... A1A36BE8-C174-47A4-BE05-FD32583E16AC.jpeg 62149131-2C65-4CBC-9213-C6486E6E18DC.jpeg

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I guess that "stylus 700" is the number?

I got a possible link from Vinyl Engine for a completely different form factor. I need to tear it apart and see what the actual stylus looks like...

I might have to do my favorite thing and invent some anti-skate for the counterweight-less arm... Tracking at the cartridge weight plus a few grams...

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I've been using lpgear.com and turntableneedles.com to buy replacement styli, for some time. I just installed a replacement stylus on my Mitsubishi LT-70, yesterday.

View attachment 65731
View attachment 65732

Nando.

That Mitsubishi is a cool looking TT there, Nando. I'm assuming there is a case out of which it slides? If so, is it wood? I'm thinking that would be a great centerpiece for a system.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Bob: The LT-70 has a slide-out tray. It also has programmable track search. As I found out when replacing the stylus - the whole carriage assembly - with tonearm - pivots upwards 90 degrees to change the cartridge or perform other service work. No wood in this turntable.

Nando.