what are you listening to?

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Eagles today, swapping back and forth between the 3 main systems just for fun.
PL8000, PL3300, PL700 and PL 580 speakers = Best electric guitar and overall great for rock and roll.
PL8000, PL3500, PL D500 and B&W 604s2 speakers = Best female vocals and overall great for Jazz and modern music.
Pioneer PL L1000, Schit Mani, Rotel 1066, pair of Rotel RB 991’s and Infinity Beta speakers = Best strings, piano and bass drums, overall the easiest to listen to on most any music.
Each of the systems has it’s own personality and strengths, none have any major weaknesses and all are most importantly enjoyable. A fun day of playing. 0ADAAFB9-ADE8-41A9-BC8F-57E85AAB997E.jpeg 170E0B2B-15CA-4EF5-B24C-DC839CBE7244.jpeg 1FF09D62-CE8A-4941-8A0E-F62EB0ECF9BB.jpeg

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Who makes the racks Spence?
I built them, designed them and had a company called Framing Technology cut everything for me. They are aluminum T slot frames and I used black vinyl car wrap on the outside surfaces. Had a local glass company cut all the tempered glass and I tinted them with limo tint. I use rubber disks between the glass and the frame. The three frames are bolted together, there are felt furniture slider disks between the frames and the floor. I needed something that I could adjust the shelving heights as my systems changed and could support a lot of weight. I am very happy with the results.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Off topic (surprise!), but what table and arm were you using for broadcast? I’ve seen a few different decks for the purpose but no first hand accounts of any.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Parks Hall put 3 speed Russco Cue-Masters (idler drive) with the pretty Micro-Trak 303 wood tonearms into WSIM, Jim. Stanton 500 cartridges which could withstand the backcuing abuse. 1/4 turn to get from stop to full speed so you left no dead air; the original high-torque turntables, based on the tried-and-true Gates/Harris broadcast tables from the 50s and 60s with better specs. We played all of our music off of them; the cart machines were mono only for the commercials.

The adult contemporary station where I worked after that had the ancient Gates tables with the big honkin' arms that Andrew likes. When the Adlai Stevenson family bought the big FM stick from Ted Turner in 1977, they kept me and a couple of other jocks and we got to see them install Technics SP-10s with the Micro-Trak 303 arms as well to go with the pair of ITC 3-deck cart machines which played the music in rotation along with the commercials. Turntables in that operation were only for the album cuts that came up three times an hour on the format clock.

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
While looking for something else I happened across this. Never heard it before, so why not?

J.S. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor BWV 565  Amy Turk, Harp - YouTube.jpg

Sometimes only Henry Rollins, Pantera, or Meshuggah can get the job done.

But nearly as often I need a little Yin to balance out the Yang...

It's actually quite good while burning the midnight oil.

3D