New Music and Music Genres

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Here's a song from the 1960's, and I had forgotten the name of the band. It was a bit of a search...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I had forgotten this crazy vid, but then an earworm showed up this evening, and after a while, I remembered...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
With the long-term houseguest gone, I re-did the den, rearrainged and dusted off the CD's. While doing that, I found I had THREE copies of Scartaglen's first album...kept one and set two aside to sell or give away. Then I got to the LP's I hadn't shelved yet. Among them was a Scartaglen LP - it was then that I noticed that they were local! Connie Dover was a member! They disbanded in 1994, so I have only one album to get yet.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
This just in - my best friend and former houseguest sent me a link to this Turkish radio's Ewetoob channel. I'm going to call it "T-Pop." Yeah, too much talking and too little music...

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Some talk about mixtapes on another thread reminded me of this song by Boiled in Lead (BiL is the original punk celtic band, IMHO):

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Nice find at the Salvation Army store last night: "Mothballs" by the British band Tiger Moth. The music may be a bit hard to pin down, but it's on the Omnium label, so it's not too far from 3M3 - in fact, a Mustapha is a guest musician on this CD.

1630758682599.png

Here's a vid of one of their better-known songs:

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I happen to be a fan of the Norwegian band Chauteau Neuf Spelemannslag, and had heard this tune on a Northside Digital compilation CD many times:

It was OK, but then yesterday I played it on the original CD "Stolen Goods" [NSD 6013]. I have had the CD for a long time, but just never played it much. Wow! I was actually stunned by the fidelity of the recording! I think some of it is that my main system has imporved a LOT since the 1990's. I can't think of why the fidelity didn't come across on the compilation CD.