Are you old enough to remember Pentium 4?

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
Yes what is going on with Steven and yes I was around before any Pentiums were made. The first computer I bought was a Swan 386-25 and it was like $3200 back then. Now days I can build a pretty good computer for around $1000. I use AMD processors only. ASUS boards are great. I worked on Dell and Compaq computer at different Radio Stations and the Dells were really cheap Foxcon boards- those caps around the processor usually popped.
I have computer boards that they were replaced but working with multilayer boards component changing is no fun. My quad core AMD on an Asus board is still working since 2013 using win 7. Yes us old guys keep thing far too long as we fix things all the time. I worked on computers with Pentium 1 in them as well as slot A or Slot 1. My machine language class used a PDP-8 which took a large amount of current in an old house that only had 60 Amp service. I may have the fans from the cabinet this thing was in- I seem to collect of fans and use them for cooling in the basement. A 5" is blowing at me now.

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I regret to say it but I was staying in touch with him for a while there but I have not spoken with him now in months. Been doing too much other stuff to do so I guess.