PL400 II Chassis Spare Parts

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Just very nice. Hope you sell a truck load of them. Much nicer than the originals. I'm guessing those remaining two holes just below the elongated holes are for a wiring terminal strip?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Those 2 holes are for the Series 2 solder lug terminal strip for the dual primary hookup. There are 2 positions available to place this, 1 closer to the transformer if you use the normal cap sizes and one further to the front if you use the larger caps in the build.

George S.

Those 2 holes are for the Series 2 solder lug terminal strip for the dual primary hookup. There are 2 positions available to place this, 1 closer to the transformer if you use the normal cap sizes and one further to the front if you use the larger caps in the build.
Cool. My 400 S2 has the dual primary transformer, but came with no terminal strip or holes for one. Having the option to place a terminal strip there I see as a good thing. Nice!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Cool. My 400 S2 has the dual primary transformer, but came with no terminal strip or holes for one. Having the option to place a terminal strip there I see as a good thing. Nice!
So now you know why all those holes are there George :)

George S.

It's nice to see new products. Building a 400 will be easier with that new chassis. I look forward to seeing how the Techs incorporate the terminal strip.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
With Allen head, 6-32 stainless screws...
As a personal “trademark,” I connect the front panel rack handles with 1/4”-20 bolts with 5/32” hex. It projects a “thou shalt not fool with the innards” aura.
Edit:
The back panel transistor screws add to “you no fiddle here” atmosphere.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Are we at the point where we can pre- order?

(But what about my “Becky” sticker on the backwall?)

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I received the quote today folks. Lead time is 8 weeks (possibly better but that is the commit) and $150 per set (chassis with top and bottom cover).

Man, inflation is killing everything.

Are you guys still in? Let me know.

MarkWComer

Tagline
I received the quote today folks. Lead time is 8 weeks (possibly better but that is the commit) and $150 per set (chassis with top and bottom cover).

Man, inflation is killing everything.

Are you guys still in? Let me know.
Yup!