what are you listening to?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I think it's pretty damned good for a debut album. His guitar work isn't like Eddie... but this sense of melody is. It's obvious to me that WVH likes the Foo Fighters.
This is the first new rock & roll album release that has me listening to it over & over, to catch the buried stuff. Lots of layers to this thing. There's a bunch of interesting timing change ups and rhythm shifts too. If the kid ( LOL, he's 30 now... ) can grow more on top of this release, I think he's going to be a better prodigy than most.

So yeah, I like it a lot so far...
Coolness.....

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Thanks, guys- looking for something new, ordered both “Mammoth” and “The Future Bites” on discogs.
Just got Deep Purple “Machine Head” (RM/RE) last week to pump through the new PL700. YESSS‼️ Sounds great!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Here's another of my favourite artists who's still keeping young. This song also made it to my mix tape:

Peter Frampton Band has a recent release "Frampton Forgets The Words." Its a mix of covers and just instrumental.

Crop-Peter-Frampton.jpg

Nando.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Molchat Doma: “Etazhi” (Floors)
Does anyone remember the video of bats taken upside down, looking like a scene from a goth bar? The music is track 7 of this album.

Eh… Take it or leave it… Euro-synth-dancepop recycled, digital drums, sampled “hand claps,” heavily reverbed Russian lyrics. We’ve all heard it before, but this was somewhat Kraftwerk- like. Interesting, but don’t bother to buy it. I’m a curious little snit and I couldn’t resist, especially because of the “goth bat” video track. 7B9BDD82-CF89-4BF6-9B18-F998F266307F.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Tagline
I see you're also a linear-tracker owner...way to go!

As for what I'm listening to, it's Buena Vista Social Club on NRK Radio of all venues...
I love this sucker, but the CDS cell is flaking out and won’t track. A rabid bitch to disassemble, considering a Mitsubishi LT-22. I have the service manual, but the next job is to upgrade the Carver C-1.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Molchat Doma: “Etazhi” (Floors)
Does anyone remember the video of bats taken upside down, looking like a scene from a goth bar? The music is track 7 of this album.

Eh… Take it or leave it… Euro-synth-dancepop recycled, digital drums, sampled “hand claps,” heavily reverbed Russian lyrics. We’ve all heard it before, but this was somewhat Kraftwerk- like. Interesting, but don’t bother to buy it. I’m a curious little snit and I couldn’t resist, especially because of the “goth bat” video track. View attachment 52005

A video on an album? Interesting