Derek92994's 700 Ser II White Oak conversion

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Sorry guys, I measured the Picos wrong, thanks Lee for informing me of the correct procedure

** The Top Pico on the right hand side backplane measures high, I had to turn my multimeter up to 200k range to get a reading. The others I was able to measure on the lowest range.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Soldering a new one amp pico over the old one. If you dont have a solder sucker DO NOT desolder and pull the old one. Just lay the new one next to the old one and solder in,. Joe may have a trick of using a very small (1/8 watt) 1 ohm resistor to finish trouble shooting if you cant find a pico in Oz.

Paulfg

New Around These Parts
Soldering a new one amp pico over the old one. If you dont have a solder sucker DO NOT desolder and pull the old one. Just lay the new one next to the old one and solder in,. Joe may have a trick of using a very small (1/8 watt) 1 ohm resistor to finish trouble shooting if you cant find a pico in Oz.
Pico fuses are available from WES Australia ,02 9797 9866 .A web search will give online services/catalogue. The one amp picofuse is listed as part number PF1

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
What does Darcy have on hand would be a good start? The value is not super critical.

derek92994

Tagline
What does Darcy have on hand would be a good start? The value is not super critical.

Got one of these but I can go to Jaycar Electronics tomorrow and get other stuff, maybe not a pico though. Need to replace a couple of tiles on the roof of the house. tomorrow morning.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Ok, I do have a solder sucker, do you want me to remove the blown pico and solder that resistor I have in its place?
Just tack it on top of the existing Pico as Lee suggested Darcy. Till you complete your debug. This is just temporary until you can get a fuse replacement and to continue to see if anything else is wrong or not.

derek92994

Tagline
Just tack it on top of the existing Pico as Lee suggested Darcy. Till you complete your debug. This is just temporary until you can get a fuse replacement and to continue to see if anything else is wrong or not.
Ok I'm onto it.