Very sad news

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
You are so right.... my flag pretty well sums up 2020... it has been retired
View attachment 46722
Just put up a brand new one here in my front yard. If even so much as a thread shows a new one goes up. I am proud to say that. I am proud of the women and men that fought and fight for it. I love the United States Of America and as long as I live there will always be an American flag on the flag pole in front of my home to show it.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
That was good Josh.

Don't give up on your brother, I was on methamphetamine for 30 years. Did 2 stints in federal prison. A lot of shame and regret along the way. A lot of wasted time, energy and money, not to mention relationships. But, on the other side of that is a livable life. Forgiveness and grace do exist because of the human condition for a reason...you can't change the past, but you can change your future...
At least 30 years on drugs and alcohol here too Lee. I do not use whatsoever now, nothing. Some can, some cannot. I cannot. I go meetings all the time now. Not because I want to use but because by being there I may be helpful to another person that feels just as bad as I did when I walked thru that door. I only wished I could be helpful to start but now I know I have been because so many have told me so. I get to watch people have a second chance at life every day. The clubhouse that my wife and I helped start is at.
www.triangleclubal.org I have been incredibly blessed. On a note in line with this thread my wife lost her mother yesterday. 82 years old. Deloris Ann Lax. She lived with my wife our daughter and I . She passed quietly at the hospital yesterday and will be greatly missed. She was one of the most loving persons I had ever met. She loved every person we brought here to our home no matter how fucked up from drugs or alcohol or both. She would make big dinners for every stray. She took good care of everyone.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
On a note in line with this thread my wife lost her mother yesterday. 82 years old. Deloris Ann Lax. She lived with my wife our daughter and I . She passed quietly at the hospital yesterday and will be greatly missed. She was one of the most loving persons I had ever met. She loved every person we brought here to our home no matter how fucked up from drugs or alcohol or both. She would make big dinners for every stray. She took good care of everyone.
Sorry for your loss I wish you and your family well and peace....

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Once again thanks to everyone who rallied your support around me... it help more than you know... I just hope the saying things come in 3's is not true I've had enough already

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Well I been hanging in here, it's been hard but one day at a time. Moved my WOPL 400 into living room with PL3000 preamp connected to my 4 EPI's sounds pretty good

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Hi roccus, I’m sure we don’t know each other, but what I’ve read here hurts my heart. Please accept my sympathies.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Hi all have not been online much lately, but I'm still going. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can get back out to the shop. Have 2 projects waiting to do.... finish my subs I started last year and got a bike to do up, think I will start a new thread on the bike so you all can see what I got

HotSauce

New Around These Parts
Thats good news, projects are the best way to get some excitement going in your days. Getting my wheels turning and thinking of the possibilities makes getting out of bed a lot easier. A lot of fulfillment can be had by building and fixing things, imo. I get a lot of joy out of not throwing things away.