Shanling SCD-T200 tube SACD player

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Is there a disc inserted? If so, there is a problem with the disc detection circuit, maybe an reed magnetic sensor. If not, put a disc in and see what that does. Did it work previously? How old is the unit? Are you using factory music SACDs, or MP3s, or something your brother gave you? These are heavily modded units, did yours receive some recent mods?

We need a little more information...

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
This thing was working fine until 2 weeks ago i keep getting this error message .. i got this brand new . i was told by few folks the original sonny laser unavailable and the Chinese laser will not work

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
This thing was working fine until 2 weeks ago i keep getting this error message .. i got this brand new . i was told by few folks the original sonny laser unavailable and the Chinese laser will not work
Time for an ebay search...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Any disc (regular Red Book CD) or only a problem with SACD?

Time to pop the hood...

mr_rye89

Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
I see the lasers on ebay. Are those the chinese lasers that don't work? And chinese lasers not working with chinese CD players hmmm........

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
They all Chinese lasers i had a Audio Note CD player tried two Chinese laser never did work i end up just dumping the player.

mlucitt

The two main types of CD transport and focusing mechanisms are Sony KSS and Philips CDM. You will have to determine which one the Chinese duplicated and buy the proper replacement to get the Shanling up and running. Likely the laser just failed, it is used to sense the presence of a CD.

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
The replacement laser part #Sony KHM-280A this the number i keep seeing on the net .. i tried one never work