STK 082 module - anybody got one to spare?

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Since there isn't really anywhere to go since moving where I did between two small cities, too many rainy days for motorcycle riding and no job to go to, I have been fiddling with stuff I brought with me. One an Akai AM-2650 integrated.

I got in in working condition for someone wanting a system to play records. But just before taking it over, I destroyed one of the STK-082 modules by accidently shorting the speakers on one side

The person it was for lost interest and didn't want it but I fixed it anyway. Got a new module from e-bay and it worked again at least for a while.

Now there is this hideous noise on that side that is not afected by the volume control. By virtue of that, my guess is that new module went band. I ordered that module from a vendor specifically because it was advertised as NOS and the plastic bag had "Japan" printed on it.

That proably means squat and it's a Chinese fake.

So as the topic says, anybody got an STK-082 module to spare? Someone with a huge stockpile of salvaged parts with a known good one maybe?

IMG_4543.JPG

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
There was a time period when SK replacements were often substandard or failed out of the bag. Look for ebay seller "we have that item" (NJ) or Consolidated Electronics (OH). both are reliable.

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Aaaaand....false alarm. The STK 082 module is good after all.

Repeatedly tapping the board would bring the dead channel back, make loud noises and kill the channel not necessarlily in that order. Made me think something else was afoot. My attention was drawn to a capacitor. Seems I replaced all the electrolytics in this amp and forgot I did it. Thinking this particular cap was bad I pulled it, checked it, was fine so back it went.

In a round about way, doing that made me notice a wire, center conductor of a shielded lead, could be moved up and down in its hole. The solder connection looked good but obviously not. Resoldered that and the amp works again.

It took that solder join since 1979 to fail but at least it was not of my doing.