Tandberg 3014A Cassette Deck

braxus

Journeyman
Im selling my Tandberg 3014A cassette deck I've had for 10 years now. Its had less then 100 hours of use by me since I received the deck. The deck was refurbished by Nick Antonescu in New York 10 years ago. He replaced many parts in the deck. The original stock sticky VU meters were replaced by Tandberg 3001 tuner meters which don't have any issues. Meters were recalibrated for the deck. The stock head (which Im including in this sale- needs relapping) was replaced by a new Nakamichi playback head with pad lifter. The pinch rollers were replaced by Terry from Terry's rollers. The bushings are low hours on those rollers. All belts including azimuth belt were replaced. Many capacitors were replaced as well. This deck comes with original stock user manual, and the remote control unit. Belt is fully operational. Only issue is on very rare occasions there is slight static in the playback audio, but this rarely presents itself. Im selling this deck below normal Ebay pricing due to the small issue with the deck. All other 3014A decks aren't rebuilt either. This deck rarely comes up for sale today. Normal pricing is between $2500 and $3000 US dollars. Im asking $2500 Canadian for my deck.

Attachments

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I can attest to the quality of the recordings, Scott has made on his Tandberg 3014A, as we have exchanged many mix tapes throughout the years. You can't get much better than this for a cassette deck.

Nando.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Work on it, J!m, I'm working hard on the Quantums. You should try to pack an RT-707 in this day and age, I used to be able to scavenge packing foam and such from behind the appliance store downtown.

If we think hard we can all help each other.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Yeah, part of my reservation in selling my 32 (other than it's straight-up BAD-ASS) is packing it. I had it in a double wall CPU box but that was for me to move it. I think that will need another lrger outer box with foam in between.

I haven't tried cans of spray foam for packaging... yet.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The foam is not a bad way to go. Shipped a couple Spec 2,'s like that. It still went in a cabbage case.

braxus

Journeyman
I have some packing materials and a box I got from UPS to ship this deck. I still need more bubble wrap though. Im not in a rush to sell this deck, but I have it wrapped up in Saran Wrap at the moment, because I had someone interested in it. Till they backed down on the sale (changed his mind).

Elite-ist

Staff member
That would be good news, Scott. Local Canadian buyer?

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Right on, Scott. Nice to see the deck go to a new home and have another cassette enthusiast get enjoyment from it. Anyone I might know?

Nando.

braxus

Journeyman
He's a lurker and member of Tapeheads. He's been a member since 2011. No posts. He lives in Ottawa, but vacations in Quebec. I talked to him on the phone last night. Seems like a nice guy. I doubt anyone knows him here.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
Canada is a small country, I thought everyone knew everyone! Now you have to get the deck to him without damaging the flywheels. Put it in a box and strap it to a pallet?

Elite-ist

Staff member
Huh...Canada is the same size as the U.S.A. in square miles, but 1/10 the population.

Nando.

NavLinear

Huh...Canada is the same size as the U.S.A. in square miles, but 1/10 the population.

Nando.
My wife and I have vacationed in the three lower western provinces over the years and when you get about 100 miles north of the 49th parallel towns get scarce. Very beautiful country and nice people. We haven't been in Canada for a decade or more - need to visit again.