what are you listening to?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Merle Haggard : The Epic Collection. (Recorded Live) Retail Cassette. Yep, that means I got the belts and idler tire in from Marrs and installed them in the Nakamichi RX-202 I bought a month or so ago. It sounds fantastic ! That UDAR is wild man.
I remember seeing one at the mall in the daze, back when we still had a real stereo store. They also had the liner vertical turntable/cassette/AM-FM stereo Mitsubishis?, Clarion and Pioneer car audio and a listening room, PLUS records/tapes/CDs. ELI'S RECORDS AND TAPES. When that closed two guys at Statewide Auto Parts (became Checker then O'Rielly) started a combination arcade and record store called Cosmic Connection *and YES, I recently learned where they may have gotten the name from...plus flavored popcorn, soda and hot dogs.

No milk bar, sorry Clockwork Orange fans.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I have a C1 and three C2's. I like restoring them. They are simple and sound fantastic as you said. The C1 was my first preamp. I still have it and I have done little to it. It just keeps on and on. Dan Mattis makes up kits with all the capacitors for cheap and I order a kit and put it in with a few other goodies when I build one.
I'm going to order the kit from Dan,relay, RCA's any other suggestions? Your the reason I found one of these and bought it, Was thinking C2 but really didn't need all the other things it has., besides I saw you cleaning those switches!