Pics of your Favorite Cassette Tapes

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Here is our name rendered in cassette trash. Artist is Drumbum View attachment 39327
Good use of KMC (Kmarl) and Certron. Also Swire Intermagnetics (rainbow), the closest thing to pencil lead on plastic ribbons ever made. Is there any Tonemaster there?

I'm like Farmers Insurance, been there, used a few

orange

Tagline
What happens if the cleaning leader gets caught in your fly?

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I came across a gold plated TDK tape in a velvet lined presentation box, on everyone's favorite auction site the other day...

Has anyone ever seen one of them before?

Touted as "rare" (as is every item for sale there) but it could in fact be rare (I've never seen one before) or it could be crap made up in the garage one rainy afternoon. Knowing the backstory would be good- why make a gold plated TDK cassette? Sales award?

I'm going to dig deeper on this but forgured I'd ask here since you guys know so much more than I do.

This one, below, seems to have been a "product" of some sort. I also found an ad (all Japanese) for the golden cassette.

1585658151058.png

And another style I found:
1585658254738.png

But the one for sale has "TDK" in the small upper right hand window where these above say "JAPAN"
1585658357235.png

And it looks like they used brass/plated screws for the top two cassettes and the bottom one has silver/zinc screws. The shell looks similar otherwise...

Anyone?

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Only ONE thing wrong with that tape. J!m, and it's those HUBS. They won't reverse well, or properly. God only knows where they got them from, but they AIN'T Philips spec.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Those are some sort of shipping plug or something. There is another picture of the other side and you can see the reels clearly (slightly "whiter" color)

But since the two are not tied together, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Two more arrived today:
C89ED7F8-60D2-4008-8D62-9CD012C22A8D.jpeg

I thought I had 100 by now but I’m not quite there.In all, I probably have 100 NOS SA tapes, but not all of my preferred vintage.

E762C165-4320-4A15-8CC3-EE98FC19EA17.jpeg

orange

Tagline
All that came up was Lady Gaga.

orange

Tagline
You just gave me a flashback to my twenties, that's all.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
You have to use two S’s when you don’t have German characters..

But you knew what I said!

orange

Tagline
Grandma was German and Grandpa Lithuanian from old Russia. Doesn't mean I like Schupfnudel.

My other grandma was British, Irish, Scottish and drove a Dodge Dart on both sides of the curve at the tavern down the road from her farm. Her daddy was a Brown but she was posessed by the ghost of Phil Hill.

It broke his heart when the cops took his golf cart away.