Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
And low gas prices are useless if you can't go anywhere. :(

Tagline
Retired
Prices have risen a few cents in the past two days. Saturday afternoon the low was $1.71 a gal. Today low is $1.74, with a high of $1.78. BP and Shell stations always seem to hold their prices a little above the convivence stores, Kwik Star and Casey's.

orange

Tagline
Prices have risen a few cents in the past two days. Saturday afternoon the low was $1.71 a gal. Today low is $1.74, with a high of $1.78. BP and Shell stations always seem to hold their prices a little above the convivence stores, Kwik Star and Casey's.
I find this to be true here in general. We have Walmart and Albertsons in Idaho with stations, but not across the border in this part of Oregon.

orange

Tagline
You might get more seilling General Tso's chicken and aspartame then. Dear God.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
99 cents/gallon at some station in Kentucky. As expected, a flood of vehicles packed with toilet paper were seen lined up to hoard gas.

orange

Tagline
I had filled my Pontiac up two daze before gas finally went to $3 a gallon the first time...I understand this, it was frightening to try and cope with drivers scurrying madly looking for cheap gas that no longer existed, dangerous almost.

I'm glad the f*()&(**U saucers didn't land.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Don't worry- the saucers landed. They just have really excellent stealth technology as you might imagine.

The crappy stealth tech we use now, is their ancient tech, don't forget.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I just topped off and got a 5-gallon can filled (in case) and the regular was under $2 a gallon at BJs (I got super which is a bit more)

orange

Tagline
Also remember that this isn't all good.

With shelter in place orders and people self quarantining there are car dealers, especially independent (i,e, smaller, non-major company) deakers who have lost business almost completely and have had to lay off their staff indefinitely...

While this may not be very different than other businesses, these small lots and dealers of multiple makes with smaller sales are not likely to survive very well, and many are family operations that have endured for years, if not generations. Even the large dealer chains tended to grow from the expansion of family-created dealerships and they have been the backbone of the industry.

So gas is cheap. It doesn't matter if the oilmen bringing it to you domestically are gone and your can't find goods to drive to buy and YOU CAN'T FIND A CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

No cars, the parts suppliers collapse (and guess who was making a lot of parts for them)?

Too late to bring Studebaker back to make wagons.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Oklahoma City is showing a low price point for Regular at $1.15 (a Sam's Club) with the wider metro area showing many stations popping up at $1.20-ish.
Something tells me the South is going to see lows of 99 cents before Memorial Day...